Trouble TTC
Options

Canola Oil

I was going to purchase some pre-seed online because this last month, I've just been really dry! I haven't seen as much EWCM this month either, so it worries me. I was reading the reviews for pre-seed and some of them scared me a little. Some people claimed their doctors recommended keeping things in the natural state, or if you really need to use something, use canola oil.

So my questions are:

1) What has been your experience with pre-seed and is it really safe to use?

2) Have you ever tried Canola oil and does anyone know if this is safe or not??

Thanks!

~Melanie

TTC since July '09
Diagnosed with PCOS Feb '10
6/2010 - Natural M/C - made it to 5 weeks
10/2010 - D&C - made it to 7 weeks
6/2011 - Natural M/C - made it to 6 weeks
4/2012 - BFP! Beta#1 1401 20DPO
Beta #2 4327 24DPO
U/S 6w6d 134bpm heartrate! Baby Gummybear!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Canola Oil

• Options

What are these things about pre-seed that are scaring you?  It's nothing more than a sperm friendly lube.  We use it all the time.

I've heard of using Canola oil.  In fact, I have a brochure from my RE in front of me right now that says Canola or mineral oil are sperm friendly and can be used.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nope, I don't put any food related things in or near my vag. 

Pre-seed works really well, it's definitely safe.  Just don't use too much, a little goes a long way!

GL

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ams8099ams8099 member
    imagegymnst1013:

What are these things about pre-seed that are scaring you?  It's nothing more than a sperm friendly lube.  We use it all the time.

I've heard of using Canola oil.  In fact, I have a brochure from my RE in front of me right now that says Canola or mineral oil are sperm friendly and can be used.

Really?!?! Wow! You can trust what Gym says, but I wouldn't want to use food products! 

ETA: I have not use Pre-Seed, but I have used Pre-Conceive.  It was just like KY, just sperm friendly. What about it worries you?

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageams8099:
    imagegymnst1013:

Really?!?! Wow! You can trust what Gym says, but I wouldn't want to use food products! 

ETA: I have not use Pre-Seed, but I have used Pre-Conceive.  It was just like KY, just sperm friendly. What about it worries you?

Don't get me wrong!  I would never use it myself - pre-seed is just fine for us.

• Options
    imageams8099:
    imagegymnst1013:

Honestly I was just worried because some of the comments I've read were about how their RE's had recommended not to use it. I'm going to buy some pre-seed but didn't know what to do until it got here. :( The big O is supposed to happen sometime soon.

~Melanie

TTC since July '09
    Beta #2 4327 24DPO
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ams8099ams8099 member
    imagemelaniejt:
    imageams8099:
    imagegymnst1013:

Honestly I was just worried because some of the comments I've read were about how their RE's had recommended not to use it. I'm going to buy some pre-seed but didn't know what to do until it got here. :( The big O is supposed to happen sometime soon.

CVS and I think Wal-mart has Pre-Conceive.  It's really the same stuff!

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageams8099:
    imagemelaniejt:
    imageams8099:
    imagegymnst1013:

CVS and I think Wal-mart has Pre-Conceive.  It's really the same stuff!

Thanks I might have to look into that!

~Melanie

TTC since July '09
    Beta #2 4327 24DPO
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We use pre-seed and have never had a problem with it. A little bit goes a long way like another poster mentioned!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

We use Pre-Conceive and got it from Walmart. But, I don't think ours carries it anymore. I think we got the last bottle. LOL.

Like pp said, you can trust Gym, but I wouldn't use any kind of cooking oils.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options
    gidgegidge member

I did like Pre-seed.  It's the only lube we've used but I would use it even though it wouldn't help us for TTC.

My RE actually said we could use Canola Oil to save money. It is safe for sperm not sure why Canola oil is better than some other kind of oil though.  We didn't try it, but it was good for a laugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"