Multiples

finally a good update!!!!!!!

So, after they were unable to complete the laser surgery for the TTTS on Tuesday, we just had to wait and see what happens.  The doctors mentioned that if the heart got worst, one option would be ablation of one of the baby's cords (This would have to be done before 24 weeks!)  I was a wreck waiting.  Well, this morning we had our follow up....the recipient baby has a stable/slightly improved heart with good function, the fluid levels were good for both babies, and the donor baby had a visible bladder on the ultrasound for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The doctor said that in terms of ablation, if we wanted it (which we don't) he would have to talk to the ethics committee because both babies have a chance at a healthy life so he would not even know which to ablate.  Hearing him say that he could not legally do it without talking to the ethics committee was the most amazing thing in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the other best part of this:  We immediately got in our car and drove home.  I was able to be here when DS woke up from his nap.  He came straight to me! 

So, overall, this is still an extremely high risk pregnancy, but I can be followed from home and my babies still have a real chance!

Thank you for all for your support over the past two weeks and the future support that I am going to receive.  This was a hard time and you were all very helpful!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: finally a good update!!!!!!!

• i will be praying for your babies and your family.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • That is AWESOME news! Hope you and your family have an excellent weekend. SO glad you were able to head home.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 - 12/9/09 After being on bedrest for 10 weeks due to TTTS and hospital bedrest for 4 weeks due to PPROM, my sticky babies are here! Born at 32 weeks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • What great news!!  I'm so sorry you've had to go through this, but it sounds like things are really looking up!!
    Clomid x 2 cycles ..... BFN. 6/08 Gonal F with TI- BFN. 7/08 Gonal F #2 - IUI 7/11, BFN. 9/22/08 IUI #2 and Accupuncture - Chemical Pregnancy. 11/08 IUI #3 with accupuncture - BFN. 12/08 IUI #4 BFN. 5/09 IVF #1 ER 7/6/09, ET 7/9/09 - BFN. FET 12/18/09 - BFN IVF #2 -ER 3/6, ET 3/9, OMG - BFP!!! Beta #1 3/22 -332, Beta #2 3/24 - 701, Beta #3 - 14,889 - 1st u/s - TWINS!! SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME!!! ***Why can't 88 million sperm and 3 eggs find each other in an organ the size of a pear??*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins--not through strength but by perseverance. - H. Jackson Brown
  • That's great news!!!

Keep up the good work and try to relax, and best wishes to you for continuing good news :)

• You and your babies are in my prayers.  Glad you got some good news today!
  • I'm glad it went well!  I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful and completely healthy & happy!
  • GREAT news! What a relief. Keep up the good work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"