Georgia Babies

Getting tubes a question

Today we saw Dr. Thomsen at Pediatric ENT of Atlanta and he was by far the best doctor I have ever seen.  He was so caring and explained everything.  We decided that it would be best with the persistent ear infections and fluid to have ear tubes.  I just want her to get better!!

Now here is the question part.  I took it upon myself to go to the ENT b/c I did not need a referral.  If it was left up to the pedi we would just be waiting around for yet another ear infection.  Would you find a new pedi?  I feel like if I hadn't taken her care into my own hands then she would just continue to get ear infections.  I don't want to be hasty but I also don't feel as if the pedi is listening to my concerns.  Every time we are told she has fluid in her ear she has ended up with an ear infection.  She still has fluid in her ears today. 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Getting tubes a question

• I would absolutely be finding a new pedi.  Between this and the other problems you've had with this practice (isn't there at least one other dr that you don't care for?), that would be my deal breaker.  I want my pedi to take my concerns seriously but also keep me grounded when I am crossing over into panic mode unnecessarily.  I also want to be able to feel comfortable seeing the other Dr's even if I don't like them as much as my own.  So yes, if you want my honest opinion, I would switch.

• Thanks slw!!  I think I knew the answer before asking.  I even second guessed myself when making the ENT appointment and almost canceled b/c I didn't have a referral.  Mother's intuition is a powerful thing and I think I need to listen.  We may run into you at Kennmar b/c I think that is where we will be going now. Thanks for all your help! 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would absolutely change pedis. I changed from the one I originally chose and I am SO happy that I did. If you feel the way you do, you can't continue there. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"