TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Next step conversation...

The conversation didn't go as I expected today.  I called in my CD1 and the nurse called back... finally.  So we go on again to talk about what happened the first IUI and all that stuff.  She proceeded to tell me that it isn't typical to not respond to the meds as I did.  They only way they'd be able to tell if it was just an oddity is to obviously go for another round.  However, and this surprised me... She continued to say that because AF delayed herself from a 29 to a 31 day cycle, I could already be forming a dominant follie.  If there is a dominant follie already there will be no injections or IUI!  This will be determined on Sunday at my CD3 ultrasound and from that they will decide if I even need blood work.  WTF?!?!  I wasn't prepared for this as I finally convinced myself to give it another shot (no pun intended :).  I haven't heard of any of you talking about this before.

Sorry gotta post and run! 

Re: Next step conversation...

• Options
    jen629jen629 member
    I am sorry hon...although I really have no idea what a lot of that means either so I would be interested to hear what others have to say
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    Well that would be awesome if you did form a good follie on your own w/out needing the meds!! I hope she's right!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Huh, that's really interesting.  But I guess I don't understand how you "didn't respond."  I thought you had a great follie at the right time - isn't that the goal?  In any case, I hope you're spared the shots.  You'd get all the benefits of a break with the benefit of the IUI.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    I am ovulating on my own, I just can't get pregnant or am not producing good follies.  The whole purpose of the injections is to over stimulate and grow multiple follies to increase likely hood of pregnancy.  They expected and would have liked to have seen three last round.  The doc wasn't so thrilled, but went ahead anyways to see if we can get lucky.  Really there isn't much point in paying that much for IUIs if I am only producing one follie continually except for timing and placement reasons.
  • Options
    I'm sorry Kona.  I really don't understand all of that.  Just sending you hugs as you try to figure things out.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options
    So then if the follie is growing already on it's own, that's a good thing right?  And you could get pregnant without the iui?  I really hope you get some good news from the doctor.
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options

hmmmm. . .interesting. Even if you have a dominant one growing, isn't possible there are other smaller ones that could potentially benefit from the round of meds/iui? I only say this b/c each of my meds rounds I have had one that is much larger than the others, and a few small ones that catch up at least some what with the meds.

I'm hopeful for you and look forward to hearing what's next.

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options
    Good luck Kona!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Kona, I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how frustrating this all is for you. As always I'm keeping you in my PT's that something works!!!!

You are such an amazing person and you deserve your baby. 

Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Options
    I hope you can do it this time without injections. Sending T&Ps your way.

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll cross my fingers that your doctor's news tomorrow is different from what the nurse had to say. . . and that he has a better view. 
  • Options
    imagemlmtgg:

hmmmm. . .interesting. Even if you have a dominant one growing, isn't possible there are other smaller ones that could potentially benefit from the round of meds/iui? I only say this b/c each of my meds rounds I have had one that is much larger than the others, and a few small ones that catch up at least some what with the meds.

I'm hopeful for you and look forward to hearing what's next.

That is exactly what I thought until I was told this yesterday.  I don't know, maybe they are basing this off my first IUI?  So frustrating!  Sunday will tell all, and I have a slew of "why" questions for them.

Thanks everyone for the support! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"