North Carolina Babies

Belly Bandit and products like it

Has anyone used the Belly Bandit (or something similar)? What were your impressions of it? Worth the money?

I see lots of rave reviews about it on the Bump, but Amazon reviews are lukewarm.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly Bandit and products like it

• I had a different band and LOVED it. used it early on when I wanted to still wear regular clothes but leave the pants unbuttoned - you could cover that up!  then later wore it to help keep up maternity pants that were just a tad too big still.  Then wore it when shirts started getting too short to cover my belly.

Now I wear it over my bra when I'm wearing a really low cut shirt and don't want to show as much!

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• imageunc00ref:

Now I wear it over my bra when I'm wearing a really low cut shirt and don't want to show as much!

Genius idea!  I had been doubling up with a tank underneath, but it's too hot.  Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you talking about the compression piece for after you give birth?  I actually considered getting one for after this pregnancy to help with my back.  I have a bad back, and 3 or 4wks after I had Ben I threw my back out pretty bad.  I think if I had this thing, it would help with that sudden re-distribution of weight, and help me use better posture and give additional support.  Also, I think it would feel good to be all sucked in and tight when you're all deflated after birth.

My friend's mom had 8 children and she SWORE by wearing a girdle (which is essentially the same thing) for weeks after the birth of her children.  My friend did it and she swears by it too.  Whether or not it actually makes a difference is tough to say, but I certainly don't think it would hurt anything. I know that they give hysterectomy patients compression garments to get things back to where they were before the surgery, so to me it doesn't seem so far fetched to do it after childbirth.

• imageSpeedGlenn:

Are you talking about the compression piece for after you give birth?  I actually considered getting one for after this pregnancy to help with my back.  I have a bad back, and 3 or 4wks after I had Ben I threw my back out pretty bad.  I think if I had this thing, it would help with that sudden re-distribution of weight, and help me use better posture and give additional support.  Also, I think it would feel good to be all sucked in and tight when you're all deflated after birth.

My friend's mom had 8 children and she SWORE by wearing a girdle (which is essentially the same thing) for weeks after the birth of her children.  My friend did it and she swears by it too.  Whether or not it actually makes a difference is tough to say, but I certainly don't think it would hurt anything. I know that they give hysterectomy patients compression garments to get things back to where they were before the surgery, so to me it doesn't seem so far fetched to do it after childbirth.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I definitely don't think it would hurt anything, but my hesitation is that they start at $45. Yikes! I'm actually considering just getting an ace bandage and wrapping it around me instead. I could actually see that being a bit more comfortable, but I don't know. Maybe I can find a cheaper alternative somewhere...

I'm glad you know people who've had success with them. Makes me consider at least doing something to get everything back in shape!

• Try looking online for post-abdominal surgery binding wraps/compression.  It'll be easier to use than an ace bandage, and probably still less expensive.

On a quick search, I found this.  I just think it'd be easier and quicker to use than trying to wrap yourself up.  And it's only $15.

• imageSpeedGlenn:

Try looking online for post-abdominal surgery binding wraps/compression.  It'll be easier to use than an ace bandage, and probably still less expensive.

On a quick search, I found this.  I just think it'd be easier and quicker to use than trying to wrap yourself up.  And it's only $15.

Good idea, Speed! Thanks for the link!

• JuberPJuberP member
    Thanks for posting this question because I was wondering the same!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"