Minnesota Babies
Options

Recommend your high risk OB in Twin Cities, PLEASE

Hi Ladies,

I am moving in less than a month (from DC) and I am a wreck about finding a new OB. We had pretty serious complications with DD birth and feel most comfortable going with a high risk OB. I would prefer some one in the western metro, but really our baby is most important. I would really appreciate any help!!

Re: Recommend your high risk OB in Twin Cities, PLEASE

• Options
    ariel06ariel06 member

I'm not sure of any specific doctors names, but as far as hospitals go Abbott is probably where you'd want to go.  They have one of the higher level NICU in the Twin Cities. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

https://www.allina.com/ac/homepgs.nsf/docsview/?SearchView&Query=FIELD+Explodecity=Minneapolis+AND+FIELD+ExplodeSpecialty=870+AND+FIELD+drGender=F+AND+FIELD+rq=y&SearchOrder=4&SearchFuzzy=True

Above is the link to the perinatologists at Abbott. They also have a ton of other locations but I would think most people would recommend Abbott for high risk.

I saw Dr. Lisa Saul briefly for my ultrasound at that clinic and LOVED her and wished she could be my doctor. So I don't have a ton of experience but if I ever needed her specialty again I would go straight back to her.

Hope that helps. Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Where in the cities? We delivered at North Memorial (Level III NICU). Our doctors were Dr. Saul (peri) & Dr. Hessel (OB).
  • Options
    I am high risk and being seen at Park Nicollet Perinatology in St. Louis Park.  They use Park Peri's and Abbott Peri's.  The MD's I have seen thus far have been great.  We will likely deliver at Abbott for the NICU.   
  • Options
    Abbott Northwestern.  The clinic that is located in the building is called Minnesota Perinatal Physicians.  The number is 612-863-4502.  They also have a clinic in Edina called Southwest Perinatal.  I actually work in the lab at Abbott and might be a little biased but I would not, nor would my husband let me, deliever any where else.  We deliever the most babies in MN.  And I have gone to the clinic and it's wonderful.  Hope this helps.
  • Options

I'm having twins, so I got to Minnesota Perinatal Physicians as well.

Delivering at Abbott (attached to Children's) is perfect. They have a satellite office in Maple Grove which is brand new (and free parking). I love that I get an ultrasound at every appt. You don't always see the same doc, but if you like getting different opinions and points of view, it's a positive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"