Boston Babies
Options

any moms in Concord area?

DH and I (and our dog) are moving into our new place June 1 in Pepperell and I am trying to figure out if there are any bumpies in that area? Groton, Ayer, Concord, Littleton? It's always nice to know there's someone around the corner going through the same thing you are. We're due July 31 (hope I can make it that long, I'm so eager for our little boy to get here already!)

Anyone in the area we're moving to?

Re: any moms in Concord area?

• Options
    Hello! I'm in Boxboro which is close to Concord. I know another expecting Mom in Littleton as well. I'm due July 15th and she's a week later. So we'd all be very close in age!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Very cool! We'll be in Peperell... we looked a Boxboro but Peperell ended up being closer to family so it worked out better for us. Where are you delivering? I'll be at Emerson (MIL works there)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I'm in that area too and due the 21st :-) I'm delivering at Emerson as well. I go on the hospital tour in a couple weeks, I can't wait to finally see the birthing center in person!
  • Options
    Well be delivering at Emerson also! We went on the hospital tour last week. I'm glad to see what it was like...considering I'm not having any expectations about labor etc so at least knowing what the surroundings will be like was extremely helpful!
  • Options

Ladies: thanks for your reply. JCam, you'll like the birthing center a lot.... my mother in law works at the hospital and the birthing center is truly beautiful (the private rooms sold me... and they're almost as nice as a hotel room with private bathrooms etc.)

Are either of you doing childbirth classes? I really don't want to do classes since we're in the throws of moving, husband is in school full time (going back to get his masters) and my work is crazy..... My friend who is labor/delivery nurse at Beth Israel said she'd tell me everything I needed to know over a pedicure date, so I keep thinking that sounds better than a class... I was thinking of joining a new moms group once our little boy arrives, though... maybe we can start a mini one ourselves?

• Options
    We have our last childbirth class this coming week. The class has been pretty generalized which is good overview. I'd love to have a a little mom's group once our LOs arrive!
  • Options

Yay! This makes me so happy... I was so worried once I moved it'd be so hard to make friends since I'd be so busy with the baby and know no one!

We should exchange emails I'm eliz.carr@gmail.com

• Options

We're doing the hynobirthing class offered through Emerson, we have two weeks left. I have been very happy with it. I don't think they will have another one before you have the baby though. As far as whether you should take a class or if you should just have a pedi date with your friend, I think it all depends on how you are approaching labor. I am going to try for a natural birth, so for me a class was essential to help me prepare for it.

Overall I would just recommend looking into your different options and making sure you are educated on it - natural or medicated. I have heard of so many people that go into it not knowing a thing and just doing whatever the hospital says and then being very unhappy with their labor.

I'd definitely love to start a little mommy group with you guys :-) I don't want to post my email on here, but I have kwaldo's already so I can email the both of you if you would like.

• Options

JCam, thanks for your thoughts on your classes. I'm glad you've been happy with it...  my husband's schedule paired with my schedule right now has made it nearly impossible to find any class that would work for both of us, which is exactly why I'm going to sit with with my nurse friend so she can tell me what to expect etc. she teaches the class at a different hospital in boston, so I'm optimistic I'll get the same info!

Please do e-mail, as I said, its nice to have people in the area going through the same thing I'm going through!

• Options
    I work in that area!  (Pepperell)  Where are you moving from?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm currently in Lawrence... we moved here to be closer to Boston, where I work but really, really dislike it and are moving back closer to my parents and DH's parents:)
  • Options

I wanted to reply to this post because I too am in the area.  I just moved to Westford (on the Acton line) this past fall and don't know to many people in the area.  I'm a little behind you all (Due Nov 2nd).  There are some great resources for parents/kids in the area and so I am really looking forward to it.  So far we love where we have moved and I look  forward to meeting other expectant mommies in the area ;) 

• Options
    Kelly: A few friends of mine (who live closeby) are due in Oct and Dec.... we should all see if we can arrange one giant, social get together just for fun some time.
  • Options
    I think that is a great idea! 
  • Options
    Message me and we'll see what works for a place, time etc. I have friends in the area, but only one of whom lives close by is expecting her first in Dec. so its nice to have other people in the area...
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!  I'm the friend who's due in December!  It's so great that you all are starting your own little circle of friends!  I'd love to be apart of it since I live close by in Shirley and we're also delivering at Emerson!  :) 
    photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    why don't we all aim for a June get together someplace? Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"