Baby Showers
Options

Earth Friendly shower invites?

My mom asked me if I had any ideas on what to use for the shower invitations since we are trying to keep my shower as EF as possible.  The only ones I can find online are pretty expensive, has anyone seen any around for cheaper?  Also, if you have an ideas on how to make some that would be great too. 

Thank you for your input!

Re: Earth Friendly shower invites?

• Options
    I am not sure how much it costs but you could look into the paper that can be planted and then grows flowers and such.  Don't know what you have planned as far as giving out little gifts as the shower but if you go with the plantable invites you could give out little pots for people to plant them in.
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
  • Options
    I very much like the idea pp had! You could also make the paper yourself (https://www.ehow.com/how_4464555_make-seed-embedded-plantable-paper.html) .. though, you probably wouldn't be able to print on it, you could still make it into an invite somehow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    To truly be ecofriendly, you could sent evites.  Then, just paper/snail mail invitations to those few people who don't use email.  Otherwise, just buy/use recycled paper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejen_jupiter:
    To truly be ecofriendly, you could sent evites.  Then, just paper/snail mail invitations to those few people who don't use email.  Otherwise, just buy/use recycled paper.

I agree! You may have a few guests that are offended, but the fact of the matter is that you are just doing your part to save the planet! Of course, if you know who these people may be, you could just send them a paper invite.

• Options
    My shower invitations were printed at home on cute stationary paper.  There's a blurb about the mom and dad being eco-friendly and greatly appreciating unwrapped or creatively wrapped gifts rather than conventional disposable paper.  It also had a recycling symbol at the bottom asking guests to please recycle the invitation and envelope.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    K.a.T.eK.a.T.e member
    imageJoeypnut:

My mom asked me if I had any ideas on what to use for the shower invitations since we are trying to keep my shower as EF as possible.  The only ones I can find online are pretty expensive, has anyone seen any around for cheaper?  Also, if you have an ideas on how to make some that would be great too. 

Thank you for your input!

eco friendly shower invitations are electronic.  Even recycled paper gets thrown away.  There are several EF resources out there for wording, etc on an evite.  You can also have an invitation created and then email to your friends and family.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"