North Dakota Babies
Options

Check out Kathie Lee & Hoda on BFing

Here is the video- the topic starts about 5 min into the clip. 

Thoughts about "no breastfeeding at the table"?

Re: Check out Kathie Lee & Hoda on BFing

• Options
    I can't watch the video on my phone, but I have been wondering how other people handle nursing. I saw on the BFing board that some ladies NIP without a cover, which personally I am not really comfortable with (for myself). I will nurse without a cover at home if DH or female friends are there, I have nursed during dinner at home, but not anywhere else. I nurse with a cover at other peoples houses, but if I am in public I have been going out to the car. I went to dinner with another couple who have a baby 2 weeks older than B, andvwe talked about how we felt like it should be ok to nurse at the table, but neither of us was really comfortable enough to do it. We both ended up going out to our respective cars. Has anyone nursed in public and gotten crap for it? Or not?
  • Options

I nurse at the table but with a cover. M likes to pull them off now so I started using these . At least if he pulls the cover off, there is very little breast showing.

When I was a server there was a lady that was nursing at the table with no cover, it made a scene. She had HUGE breast and people were passing by and staring. I couldn't do that personally. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't breastfeed at a restaurant. I would try to feed K before we went inside.  But while my aunt's guests were here yesterday I was BFing on the couch-in MY OWN house, I was covered up and she said to me, "I am so glad you cover up when you BF.  People that don't are rude."  She has a three year old too.  I just don't understand why you aould say that to someone in their own house.  UGH.

When we were on the roadtrip, I would sit in the back og the SUVwith the dog and BF K and pleople gave me weird looks.  I was totally covered too.  oh well.

• Options

I'd like to think that I'll be comfortable enough to nurse at a restaurant if my baby really needed it but I don't think I'll be able to say that for sure until I'm in that situation. 

Going out to the car would more than likely not be a viable option for us though because if we're driving, we'd be parked on the street somewhere and I think I'd rather nurse in a restaurant and have the people there looking than have all of the random people on the sidewalk looking at me! 

I'm sure I'll figure it out when baby gets here.  

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options

Nursing in the car sounds practical except in extreme temps.  I haven't figured out what to do yet when the time comes to breast feed in public, but I've already bought a cover and plan on having at least a receiving blanket on hand for back up (if possible of course). I'm definitely planning on asking a friend of mine that as far as I know exclusively breast fed both of her daughters.

Plus I can't imagine being at my dad's house and not being covered up.  Can't see that going over really well.  My dad's pretty level headed but the most he needs to know about those things was that it happens. Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"