Alabama Babies

Would you take a home cooked meal from a stranger?

When I was walking the dog yesterday, I saw a house in my neighborhood that had balloons and a banner that said "It's a Girl." I thought about making them dinner but then realized I've never talked to them or maybe never seen them. So what do you suggest I should take them. I was thinking maybe a loaf of french bread, block of cheese, bottle of apple juice and some onesies.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would you take a home cooked meal from a stranger?

• If you are worried about what they might think, maybe give them a gift card? Or diapers!  That's what our neighbors did when James was born (we didn't know them very well).
  • I agree with Amy...just get something nice for the baby...that way you dont have to wonder about whether they'll eat the food or not...btw, nice gesture!
  • Loading the player...
  • I like your idea of the bread, cheese, juice, and onesies. Or maybe make a little gift basket full of snacks? I know for me, it was hard to get in breakfast those first couple of weeks....little snacks are what I lived on! :o) No matter what it is, I would be so appreciative of such a thoughtful gift.
  • or you could bring them a frozen lasagna and a bagged salad and some bread?  everything would be pre-made so it wouldn't be home-made.  (that would be a TAD awkward) but if it's pre-made that would be cool.

Or a gift card and diapers

• MissLMSMissLMS member

When DD was born, members of our sunday school class brought us dinner twice a week for the first three months. Our class is large, so I had never met some of them before one-on-one. I'm sure anything you would bring would be a blessing.

My first thought would to bring something prepared like a store-bought frozen lasagna like Sarah suggested (I don't think that would be awkward at all) or a pack of diapers. You can always use diapers!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• I do think it would be a little odd if a perfect stranger came to my door with a home cooked meal.  Nice, but strange.  I would have to think twice about eating it!  LOL!  But, I love your other idea.  Store bought, packaged bread & cheese, juice and onsies would be great!
  • What you described sounds fine and I think would be thoughtful of a neighbor. If it was a true home-cooked meal I would prob be a bit weirded out ... I'm very selective about what & whose food I eat.

• I think the bread/cheese/apple juice and onesies are a great idea.  How thoughtful of you Jen!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"