Multiples

Separated the twins for the first time tonight :(

So my Aunt has been promising Morgan that she can sleep over this weekend. So my Aunt called me last night to plan it. She said that she would take Morgan tonight and Nathan tomorrow night so that they can each get some one on one time with us (even though it's technically two on one time b/c DH works crazy hours and weekends b/c he's in car sales and Lo is here) it's still one less kid they have to fight for attention with.

I was okay with it at first but as the night goes on it's getting hard for me. I don't know why- they've had plenty of overnights but they've always been with eachother and then Logan will go overnight someone's house (Like my Mom will take the twins and my Aunt Logan or my Aunt the twins and my Mom Logan)... Nathan keeps randomly saying, "I want my Morgan back".

I think it's good that they are spending time apart- they are afterall individuals and not a "set" and I've always treated them as individuals. I only refer to them as "The twins" on here or FB... in conversations with family etc I use their names... it's just weird tonight. I feel bad that Nathan keeps asking for her- and I keep explaining that tomorrow night he is going to get a turn but still... it's so hard to hear him ask for her.

Sorry I'm kind of rambling- but I thought that you guys would be the only ones that would get it.

Re: Separated the twins for the first time tonight :(

• I havent separated them yet but there have been times where I thought "Oh I will take one with me and leave one with my DH" and when it comes down to it I just cant do it. I think that since ur aunt is taking them back to back nights makes it fair but def hard.

Hope the rest of the night goes well and I am sure they will love spending some one on one time with your aunt :)

• I've taken them out alone before- just never overnight. I think that's why it's so weird for me. But I just need to get over it. It's good for them and good for me. LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • That would be hard for me too, esp. with him asking for her.  I'd feel the same way.  I have taken one out with me and left one with DH, but never overnight and even just running to the store with one, while it's so much easier it's funny cuz I feel like....hey there is something missing (my other child)!  
  • ah, I can't even imagine separating them right now...it makes me sad Sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"