North Dakota Babies
Options

BF question(s) and help

Do you use a boppy?

What position do you like the best? ie: football, cradle, laying down

I can't seem to bf w/out using the boppy, and sitting on this one couch we have. I'm making the transition to feed him in his room where I have this old rocking chair, but the boppy and me wont fit. (it's a small chair, and I feed him in the football position) This is also keeping me from going out in public for long periods of time, I know I can just take a bottle. However if i'm going to say a friends house why not save the frozen milk and just bf.

Anyone w/non boppy BF experience or tips?

Re: BF question(s) and help

• Options

I hate the boppy, it makes my back hurt.  I cram pillows under my arm for support when doing football.  I also use my legs.  I will sit indianstyle on the bed/couch and use my legs to support my arms in the cradle position.
  • Options
    Most of the time I cradle....but do like laying down occasionally.  Not really a fan of football (but since  you had a C-section, I understand that's what you kinda hvae to learn).  I only like using the boppy when I'm in my glider, otherwise, I have crammed 2 pillows in pillow shams to make them more sturdy & higher (does that make sense?) and it's soooo much easier for me that way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I generally use the boppy but I have a lumbar pillow that I put under my arm when I use the chair in her room sometimes.  I usually use the cradle hold.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"