High-Risk Pregnancy

bedrest mamas check in thursday

his thread is for any and all mamas on bedrest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bedrest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day!Name: lisaDue date: 7/11Date placed on bedrest: home 16w4d, hospital 29w4d released back to home 33w1dType of bedrest: bedrest at homeReason for bedrest: short cervix/cerclageQOTD: what has been a positive aspect of bedrest for you?i am just shocked how much closer it has brought my entire family. my parents and sister have been amazing and i think it has actually strengthened my relationship with mh. 
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: bedrest mamas check in thursday

• Name: Rachel

Due date: 7/18

Date placed on bedrest: home 31w5d, modified home 32w3d

Type of bedrest: modified bedrest at home-- I have now graduated to being able to sit up some & having "reprieve" for 1-2 hours a day if I need to do some very light housekeeping, etc.

Reason for bedrest: PTL @ 31w

QOTD: what has been a positive aspect of bedrest for you?

My DH & sister have been amazing!  They have both stepped up to the plate & done whatever needs to be done around the house, etc.  I am so grateful for them!

• Name: Diane

Due date: 8/13

Date placed on hospital bedrest: 21w4d 4/06/10, released to modified bedrest at home on 4/19/10.

Type: modified bedrest at home

Why: incompetent cervix/3 cm dilated/emergency cerclage

QOTD: If the experience with my micropreemie in the NICU for 96 days was not enough, this experience with bed rest and making it to the third trimester has been very enlightening for me on many levels.  I am reminded how quickly my life turned on a dime, and I quickly figured out what my priorities are.  I am also very glad that I made a good choice for a DH. 

Updates: I don't have much to report.  I will highly recommend Memory Foam for your bed if you have a crappy and lumpy mattress like I did.  That foam is amazing!  I could actually get some sleep without my back hurting.   And, 29 WEEKS!!!!  YEAH!!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • trennadtrennad member

Name: Trenna

Due date: 8/9

Date placed on bedrest:today 29w 5d

Type of bedrest: modified home bedrest. dr told me to do as little as possible

Reason for bedrest: cervix is already getting short, worried about preterm labor

I just started but my family has all offered to come and help out with my ds and DH came home and made dinner and has been taking care of DS.

• Name: Colie

Due date: 8/20

Date placed on bedrest: 22w3d

Type of bedrest: hospital

Reason for bedrest: short cervix/emergency cerclage/ pPROM/ GD

I am weird but it was all positive! Allowed me to remain pregnant through all my immediate goals. I saw survival go from 17 to 90% in the 5.5 weeks I have been on bedrest. Miracles I tell you!
  • Name: NantucketSunset

Due date: 8/2

Date placed on bedrest: 5/10 @ 28 weeks

Type of bedrest: bedrest at home

Reason for bedrest: PTL

QOTD: Reduced work stress. Am working from home and it has been like having a different job. I hope to bring this calmness with me when I go back to work after the baby (or before, if I make it to near term and am let off bedrest).

Updates: Haven't felt great belly-wise the past few days ever since I went to the Dr on Monday. Belly is contracting/tight more often than last week. But I am trying to relax and have a 'soft belly'.

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• Name: Amanda

Due date: 10/10 (38 weeks) Twins

Date placed on bedrest: 18 wks, 3 days

Type of bedrest: modified bedrest at home.

Reason for bedrest: Baby B is not growing as fast as Baby A and shortened cervix.

My DH is wonderful.  He does everything around the house and even sets the timer for the 15 mins that I can help "prep" meals. 

• Lambie.Lambie. member

I'm new, normally do the GD check in but now it's bed rest too. 

Name: Lambie. ;)

Due date: 6/11 but induction is scheduled for 6/2

Date placed on bedrest: Last Monday, so 5/24

Type of bedrest: modified bedrest at home.

Reason for bedrest: blood pressure

QOTD: I am getting to enjoy LOST, which I never watched

• Name: Shelby
    Due date: 8/13
    Date placed on bedrest: Today 29w 0d
    Type of bedrest: bedrest at homeReason for bedrest: early signs of preeclampsia and high blood pressure
    QOTD: what has been a positive aspect of bedrest for you?So far, that DH actually has a chance to put his daddy skills to the test. I really haven't let him do much except go to work and come home since I don't work but I think me being on bedrest is gonna let him shine which is what he's been trying to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"