Natural Birth
Options

s/o Binsi skirt question..

What are you pregnant moms wearing during labor?  If you've already delivered, what did you wear?  I'm extremely self conscious..I don't even wear shorts during the summer when I'm not pregnant.  So I know that being covered up will help me relax more during labor. What do you guys think of a cheapo knit skirt from Target that is similar to the Binsi skirt?  I'm at a birth center where I won't be getting internals or other intervention (unless necessary) so do you think yoga pants would be fine until I wanted to get in the tub??  I probably should have figured all this out a little sooner hehe...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o Binsi skirt question..

• Options
    Since hopefully I will be at home, I will be wearing a swim suit cover up dress-from target or a nightgown. Because they are comfortable, and if it gets ruined who cares they were cheap.  And when I get in the tub I will probably just have my swim halter top on--I would be nekkid but the girls are just too big not to be restrained.
  • Options

imageAllieJean:
    Since hopefully I will be at home, I will be wearing a swim suit cover up dress-from target or a nightgown. Because they are comfortable, and if it gets ruined who cares they were cheap.  And when I get in the tub I will probably just have my swim halter top on--I would be nekkid but the girls are just too big not to be restrained.

I have the same problem...  Thanks for the swimsuit coverup suggestion, never thought of that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    flyer23flyer23 member

With DS, I delivered at home, and wore a nursing tank (from Target) and a pair of sweatpants for most of labor. When it came time to get in the tub, I took the sweatpants off, and just wore my nursing tank. I didn't have any internals while in labor, so the lack of "access" was not an issue.

In that environment, you should be fine in yoga pants.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    I labored in a tub for a long time and wore a sports bra. A tank top would work fine too. Personally, I don't think I would've been comfortable in any kind of pants, but I think a skirt is a great idea if you're worried about modesty.
  • Options
    Naked last time, and I'll be naked this time.  Honestly, you lose any sense of modesty (although I might feel differently if I were in a hospital) and it's all about comfort and access.  My midwives did ask DH to have a swimsuit for the tub last time (I never made it in there), but they said as long as they got a warning, they were okay with him being naked, too.
  • Options

imageMrsTiara:
    Naked last time, and I'll be naked this time.  Honestly, you lose any sense of modesty (although I might feel differently if I were in a hospital) and it's all about comfort and access.  My midwives did ask DH to have a swimsuit for the tub last time (I never made it in there), but they said as long as they got a warning, they were okay with him being naked, too.

My DH would die before he got naked in front of everyone haha. My mom will be there and my midwife and at least one assistant for her.

• Options
    I had a homebirth with midwives from a birth center, and I did have a couple of internals.  We had a birth pool in our bedroom, which I used a bit, probably for 3 hours total.  While in the tub, I wore a bikini top.  Then I had one of those terry towels that is sewn to be like a tube top.  It covered my butt.  I wore that for a bit.  Then I ended up in a long-sleeved short robe from Target for the rest of the labor.  In my Bradley class they talked about the loss of modesty being one of the stages of labor.  I have to say I never reached that point.  I always wanted something on - I was even wearing the robe when I pushed DD out.  I lived in it for the next few days too.  Definitely a good thing to have.  Oh, they had DH and me get in the shower at one point, so it was a good thing he had swim trunks handy.  I don't think he ever got in the pool with me, but I honestly don't remember.
  • Options
    i wore a knit maternity skirt from old navy.  it was great.
  • Options
    I'm incredibly modest too and am delivering in a hospital.  I got the black binsi outfit but don't see why a knit skirt wouldn't fill the same role as long as your care providers are ok with it.
  • Options

I wore a long t-shirt that came to mid thigh to begin with but ended up completely naked inthe shower and then the pool.

When I got out to push, they wrapped me in a sheet, which gave easy access for immediately after LO being born to go skin to skin and onto the breast. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"