North Carolina Babies

WWYD re: Children's Tylenol/Motrin

I sent DH to the store to pick up some more Tylenol and Motrin b/c we are almost out, headed to the beach tomorrow morning for a week and Maddie is teething BAD.

He came home with Children's instead of Infant- the dosing starts at 2 years and 24 lbs. Maddie will be 2 in a little over 2 months, and probably weighs 22-23 lbs. Should I send him to return it or just give her a little less than the dose for 2 yrs and 24 lbs? WWYD?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD re: Children's Tylenol/Motrin

• I started using Children's at 1 year old per the pedi ok. She gets 1tsp of it, she just had some this morning, we have not had any issues. She was 23.4lbs when we switched, she is now 25lbs.
  • Our doctor told us to start using children's instead of infant before Nate was 1.  She said it's the same medicine, just different dosing.  Nate has been taking the 1 tsp dose of children's motrin ever since she told us that.  If you want to be extra-sure, you can call your pediatrician, but I think it should be fine.  Oh, and I think the Dr. Sears website also gives dosages for children's meds if you want to compare there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh thank you, that makes me feel much better! We are rushing around trying to get the house/yard ready to be gone for a week so I didn't really want him to have to go back,  but I didn't want to chance giving her something she shouldn't have either.

I will check the Dr. Sears site for dosing. Thank you ladies!

• We have also been giving Liam children's since he was about 1.  According to my pedi, it's the weight that's important, not the age.  If you think she's a little under the limit, I'd maybe give her just slightly less than a full dose, but she should be fine! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same as the others -- we've been using 1 tsp of Children's since Natalie was 18 mo.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's the same medicine. ..just a different concentration. The dosing for Tylenol is 15mg/kg. Convert your child's weight in pounds to kg (divide weight in pounds by 2.2) then multiply by 15.

Dosing for motrin is 10mg/kg. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"