Pregnant after IF
Options

s/o getting hair done . . . ? about highlights

I didn't even think of this . . . but would you or have you gotten highlights during 1st tri? 

I have an appt tomorrow and desparately need a touch-up.  Eeek!

Thoughts?  Concerns??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o getting hair done . . . ? about highlights

• Options

I was a blonde for 10 years and went red last fall.  I was going to go blonde again a few weeks ago but didn't in case I got a BFP.  However, women who dye hair for a living have babies and are exposed to hairdye all the time.  It all boils down to if you are the type of person who would say "if I hadn't done that" if something goes wrong.  I'm that type of person so i kept my hair dark for the time being.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am not a natural blond so I color my hair. During my IVF cycles I only highlighted it, stopped doing the base color.

I just started doing my base color and highlights again..Last time I did it was around 23 weeks I think. My OB was totally fine with it! I am going next week, cause my roots are terrible. 

You should be totally fine!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My RE told me to wait until the second trimester. Besides, the fumes are pretty bad and I'd rather wait than expose myself to them.
    DX: Him: Super sperm Me: Diminished pituitary function due to tumor removed April 2008, MTHFR Hetero C677T & A1298C
    IVF #1-4=BFN IVF #5=BFP! U/S on 5/3 revealed TWINS!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I waited until 13 weeks to get my highlights redone.  My Peri didn't think it was necessary, but said if I could wait until then, I might as well.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm completely gray and I continue to color my hair during pregnancy.  I've had two healthy children and one loss.  Do I think my loss had anything to do with getting my hair colored around 8 weeks prior? Nope.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Most of my clients still color their hair during pregnancy. Some drs say yes, some say no, some say highlight only. If it's the ammonia fumes your worried about there are a few companies that make ammonia free color. There are absolutely no fumes and it dosent touch your scalp.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i did it at 10 weeks, which is the real cutoff when the chance of miscarriage drops. but that was just for peace of mind, i really think it's fine to do it earlier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been coloring my hair, and I look horrid.  I have dark hair, and I'm going gray.  I've been getting a lot of weird looks from my colleagues, but luckily I'm pretty tall, so most people don't get a good view of the top of my head!
  • Options

highlights are fine, it is all over color lifting that sits on your roots which is a problem. 

If you do just highlights and a toner you will be a-okay :) 

• Options
    smileesmilee member
    I waited until after the first trimester.  Highlights you are really okay with ( nothing really touches your scalp), I know my OB is not okay with dying/poring color all over your scalp. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"