Single Parents

Dating again..

OK we all know that raising a baby alone leaves little time for going out and meeting people. Honestly, when I get off work, the last thing I want to do is get dressed up and go out in the hopes of finding "someone". 

I  think i'm ready to start dating again, and definitely want to start slowly.  Has anyone given any thought to a dating website like Match.com? I think that might be the best option. That way, everyone will know up front that im a single mom with a baby, and if they dont like/want kids, then they can move right along..

thoughs??  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dating again..

• I have thought about match.com too.  Dating with a baby is hard, as is going out and having a social life.  I spend a lot of time with my friends but that sure as heck isn't going to help me meet someone.  I think I will personally wait until my divorce is final-which will be soon (less than two weeks-YAY!!!!!). 
  • I met my DH on eHarmony!  Go for it...I met LOTS of people that way!

• Loading the player...
  • mrgnmrgn member
    I think, when you don't have the opportunity or guts (or the desire) to patrol bars or clubs or museums or the mall or work for juicy hunks, a dating website is a good way to go. Just be safe! It's a nice way to... preview the goods? Haha. Just remember, most of them will look better on paper (or... screen?) than IRL.
  • imagemrgn:
    I think, when you don't have the opportunity or guts (or the desire) to patrol bars or clubs or museums or the mall or work for juicy hunks, a dating website is a good way to go. Just be safe! It's a nice way to... preview the goods? Haha. Just remember, most of them will look better on paper (or... screen?) than IRL.

This.  I have been on ONE date in my life where I met someone online.  He definitely took a good picture is all I have to say.  When I met him IRL I was like Indifferent.  The date wasn't a total loss though because he bought and insisted on ordering a bottle of wine so I did this: Drinks.  I was going with the old motto "drink 'til he's cute" but he didn't look any better with blurry vision.

• I used plentyoffish.com. I have met one person off of there but I am very leery about meeting people from online sources...On of my best friends goes on a date from someone off of POF every week and she does fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"