Maryland Babies

Weekly Updates

Anything to share?

Re: Weekly Updates

• We tried applesauce, I made it from Gala apples thinking that they are the most mild apples I could think of, and he made the most awful face and then kept swatting at the spoon and spitting the applesauce at me.  I think we'll just wait a few more weeks.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCooper81:

We tried applesauce, I made it from Gala apples thinking that they are the most mild apples I could think of, and he made the most awful face and then kept swatting at the spoon and spitting the applesauce at me.  I think we'll just wait a few more weeks.

Aw! You need to take pictures and share them with us.

• Loading the player...
  • haha, oh I have pictures, of the faces he was making and of him swatting at the spoon.  they will go on FB as soon as I get a chance to load them.

How's Annabelle doing?

• I got lots of strawberries from my uncle's farm a few days ago and Sean LOVES them! He has also decided he hates peas. We gave him one of those chunky purees that had peas and egg noodles in it and after each bite, he would reach in his mouth with his little fingers, fish around, and pull out any peas. Stinker.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCooper81:

We tried applesauce, I made it from Gala apples thinking that they are the most mild apples I could think of, and he made the most awful face and then kept swatting at the spoon and spitting the applesauce at me.  I think we'll just wait a few more weeks.

I am so excited to start solids! I bet that was so much fun to watch!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Collin had his 4 month check last week. He is up to 19 pounds and 27 inches. They measured him twice because he was only 23 inches at his two month appointment. Yup, he grew 4 inches in two months! She said everything looks great :0)

Collin is still super close to rolling over but not (this has been going on for almost 2 months!). He found his feet a couple weeks ago and the other night his piggies found his mouth. It was adorable! He also has started reaching for me when I am going to pick him up or take him from someone else. It totally melts my heart :0)

We got some Bum Genius diapers last week to try to get DH into cloth diapering. So far so good, although he hasn't had a chance to do to much with them. I work tonight and are going to have them ready and waiting for him so he can give them a try.

Here are some pics for people who aren't fb friends:

• imagemrs. remy <3:
    he would reach in his mouth with his little fingers, fish around, and pull out any peas. Stinker.

That's awesome! I would do the same thing Big Smile

• imageCooper81:

haha, oh I have pictures, of the faces he was making and of him swatting at the spoon.  they will go on FB as soon as I get a chance to load them.

How's Annabelle doing?

Annabelle just started to sit up last night. It's so adorable. She's looks like she's butt surfing. I will upload pictures tonight to facebook. 

• imagejcsntms06:
    imageCooper81:

haha, oh I have pictures, of the faces he was making and of him swatting at the spoon.  they will go on FB as soon as I get a chance to load them.

How's Annabelle doing?

Annabelle just started to sit up last night. It's so adorable. She's looks like she's butt surfing. I will upload pictures tonight to facebook. 

That's awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

• Well - besides my TMI story below, Ella is officially moving to the Toddler Room @ daycare on Tuesday.  I'm so happy and sad.  On the plus side - she'll get to do all the summer camp stuff at daycare like the water table, more outdoor & playground time and they also have shows and presentations for the kids - magicians, etc.  I'm excited for her summer!!  They also don't heat food in the toddler room so I need to figure out some new foods for her. 

Also - re first foods - carrots and bananas were big hits at our house!

• imageKathrynMD:

Well - besides my TMI story below, Ella is officially moving to the Toddler Room @ daycare on Tuesday.  I'm so happy and sad.  On the plus side - she'll get to do all the summer camp stuff at daycare like the water table, more outdoor & playground time and they also have shows and presentations for the kids - magicians, etc.  I'm excited for her summer!!  They also don't heat food in the toddler room so I need to figure out some new foods for her. 

I'm thinking carrots might be the next thing to try, I love carrots (and DH said they were pretty much the only veggie he woudl eat as a child) so I'm interested to see if he likes them.   Question, in the begining did your LO's take a few tries before not pushing most of the food out of their mouths with their tounges?  I'm guessing it will just take practice for him to not do this, it would probably help to find a food he likes too :)

• imageCooper81:
    imageKathrynMD:

Well - besides my TMI story below, Ella is officially moving to the Toddler Room @ daycare on Tuesday.  I'm so happy and sad.  On the plus side - she'll get to do all the summer camp stuff at daycare like the water table, more outdoor & playground time and they also have shows and presentations for the kids - magicians, etc.  I'm excited for her summer!!  They also don't heat food in the toddler room so I need to figure out some new foods for her. 

I'm thinking carrots might be the next thing to try, I love carrots (and DH said they were pretty much the only veggie he woudl eat as a child) so I'm interested to see if he likes them.   Question, in the begining did your LO's take a few tries before not pushing most of the food out of their mouths with their tounges?  I'm guessing it will just take practice for him to not do this, it would probably help to find a food he likes too :)

Annabelle probably pushed food out of her mouth (with tongue) for about a month (so around 6 months or so). I got a few bites in her mouth, but most of it was on her bib (thank goodness for those plastic bibs).  I love feeding her now, she will just open her mouth and munch on the food. Not that she has teeth or anything, but you get the picture.

You may want to try sweet potatoes too. 

• Ella never really pushed much food out once we started on veggies - the cereal she never liked.  But, once we tried carrots and bananas and sweet potatoes, she gobbled those up - especially after she got over the inital shock of the taste. 
  • ucgraducgrad member

Over the weekend, Sophia learned to crawl on Friday, Saturday pulled herself onto her knees in her crib, and Sunday pulled herself to standing using the bouncy seat. Oh, nelly!

On the less exciting side, she has decided to start sep. anxiety. Not at daycare when I leave her, but inside our house. If I set her on the floor, she cries. I don't even have to leave the room, just walk away or turn around. DH set her on the floor the other day to get her highchair set up and she cried and crawled into the kitchen to get to him. At least it is both of us! I think that it is a good thing...

Along with the new independence that comes with crawling, she now hates to be strapped into the carseat or highchair. What happened to my precious baby that loved everything? She really is a joy and I'm so excited that she is starting to do things other than lay on the floor!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD started army crawling over the past few days- she can really get around!  As a result, she went to sleep like an hour early last night and still slept until her usual time. 
  • After months of blowing raspberries at her, Ada has finally figured it out.

Last week she refused to eat solids, because she had a cold, so we are starting slowly again. She has eaten avocado, rice cereal,  sweet potato, peas, banana and mango.

I had a really hard time feeding her today, because the cat decided that rice cereal was what he has been waiting for his whole life, so he stalked us shamelessly. Ada thought this was really funny, so she kept leaning over to try to pet him, which excited him even further. It made me laugh too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BF'ing is finally picking up. She finally started to gain weight (we are 1oz away from birth weight).  She is sleeping really well.

Nothing too much to report :)

• Amelia rolled over tummy to back once at 7 weeks and never since.  This week she has done it twice, but it hasn't been consistent.  She's growing like a weed too...can't wait to see her stats at 4 months.  She still sleeps 12 hours....I got her down to 8p-8a now...just working on moving it earlier as I need her up at 7a for my work schedule.  

I go back to work in two days.  ::waves goodbye to yoga pants and t-shirts, no makeup and showerless days, daytime tv::

But most importantly, I will miss my little girl so much.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • imagekelleymark82606:

BF'ing is finally picking up. She finally started to gain weight (we are 1oz away from birth weight).  She is sleeping really well.

Nothing too much to report :)

Huge deal! I remember being SO estatic when Ava got back to her birth weight. Great news..congratulations!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everyone is getting so big!! It's great to see these beautiful kids grow up :)

Brendon is still doing his toddler thing. He's wearing size 5 toddler shoes because even though his feet are short, they are wide. He is now talking more and more. He understands so many things. He brings me his shoes when he sees me putting Cecilia in her carseat. He is also wanting to pick Ciel up more and more. When we put her in his lap, he wants her off, though :)

Cecilia is 3 months old today :) She is rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back. She has discovered her thumb and uses it to soothe herself. She is now sleeping about 9-12 hours at night. She has almost grown out of her 0-3 clothes and is wearing 6 month dresses. She is pretty long and her hair is insane(as some of you saw on Saturday :)) She loves to smile at almost anybody. She loves her big brother. He'll come over to talk to her and she smiles so big at him and laughs which she is also now doing. She loves to give me big belly laughs. It's adorable. She is also babbling up a storm.

I've discovered that they develop so much when they're little like Cecilia but when they reach Brendon's age, you're almost waiting for the next milestone to happen :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We tried bananas...he LOVES them!  He is also sitting up for a few seconds on his own!  On the flip side, he was doing well with sleeping through the night, but now this week, he's been up every 2 hours!  GO TO SLEEP BABY...LOL!!!
  • Just the super cute pic in my siggy!

Oh...and we are now EPing because I had a uterine infection and was back in the hospital last weekend....LO couldn't stay with me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"