High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Low fluid and delivering early?

If you have (or had with previous pgs) low fluid, did you/will you deliver early?  Or has your doctor told you the likelyhood that you will?  I'm going to talk to my dr at my weekly u/s tomorrow, but this is my current freak out.  How early did you deliver, or how early is expected/normal to deliver?

Re: Low fluid and delivering early?

• Options
    I had low fluid with my first pregnancy, and delivered my little girl at 38 weeks (I was induced).  I think it depends on how much fluid you have, and how well your baby does with the NST's and BPP's.  
  • Options
    I had low fluid with dd ... It was caught at 34 weeks.. Most the docs at my office didn't measure my belly.. Just felt around... At 30 weeks one doc measured me... At 34 weeks I saw that doc again and I was still measuring 30 weeks...At that point my fluid was 9.8... The doc said normal was 10-18.... They wanted me to just get to 37 weeks.... They had me go in 2x a week for nonstress test, US, and doc visit... My fluid slowly went down... They said as long as it was above 5 they would watch it... At 37weeks 6 days days my fluid was 5.4 ... So we started induction that day ..... They said my fluid was low... But let me tell ya.. It sure felt like a lot when they broke my water! I drank a ton of water and put my feet up as much as I could... I don't know if it helped or not ... But it can't hurt!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started noticing at 36 weeks and on best rest that "something" was leaking. I did not know it was my fluid. Went to doc, they did u/s to measure over two day period and noticed I had lost over half my fluid. They induced me the next day at 36 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"