Philadelphia Babies
Options

Vacation Questions (Sesame Place)

We are heading to the Philly area on vacation at the end of May and are really second guessing our decision to take DS and DD to Sesame Place. I know there isn't much for DD who will be 10 months, but DS just turned 2 at the end of March (his adjusted age for prematurity is around 21 months) and I am wondering if maybe we should save this destination for next year?

I figured the local Moms might have a better idea how much there is for a 2 year old to do in the park. Is there enough to make it worth DH and I paying admission? If there are only a handful of rides he will be able to go on then I am wondering if this is more suited to the 3-5 year old crowd. FWIW, DS is short too (only 31 inches) so I am not sure if height will keep him off a lot of rides as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions on other family and toddler friendly spots in Philly we should check out?

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

Re: Vacation Questions (Sesame Place)

• Options

Hey there- We're planning check out Sesame place this summer with DS and he is 18 months now. We don't have grand expectations for how long he will last but for us it's only about an hour's drive. We've been there a bunch of times with our neices and nephews (some when visiting from Mass!) and they loved it each time. The older they were (closer to 5) the better and longer they lasted. I think there is a late day admission that is cheaper but might be enough for a toddler to see it all.

If you are coming to Philly for a long weekend/weekend, there are some nice toddler things to do in addition to SP. The Please Touch Museum is in Philadelphia and is FABULOUS. Google it for info. The Phila Zoo is great as well- very big with great animals. SP is about a hour (or maybe a little more) from the city but this is all do-able in a weekend.

My DH is from your neck of the woods. His family loves visiting the area so something must be right here! :) Enjoy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've been a member of Sesame Place for 4 years now - and have been going with my nephews for about 8 years.

First - it is expensive, but it is fun.  It is not huge - so a 2 year old can easlit navigate the park and not get too tired.  We usually bring a wagon.  This way you can keep towels, food, extra clothes, and the kids all in the same place.  There is plenty to do for a 2 year old - besides the shows, there are a lot of rides he will enjoy.  There is a lazy river that you and DD can go on and there is an area with sand and beach chairs that DD would like to play in. I really like Sesame, and I def think that a 2 year old is the beginning of the good age for there (some areas are for older kids, like 5 - 8 - roller coaster and slides).

Othe rthings to do in the Philly area: Please Touch Museum, Philadelphia Zoo, Adventure Aquarium (Camden), baseball game (Trenton Thunder and Camden Riversharks are great for kids and cheap), Crayola Factory, Giggleberry Fair (Peddler's Village - nice stroll).

If I think of more things I will post again.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with the other responses - I think it's worth it. My niece is 2 years old now, and we took her a couple times to Sesame Place when she was around 18months and she loved it!

I also highly recommend the Please Touch Museum and the Zoo. 

Have fun!!

• Options

Please Touch Museum Definately! and while you're in that area check out SMITH Playground in fairmount park. They have a bunch of stuff for kids 6m-5ys.

• Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I am definitely glad I asked. I found the Zoo and Crayola factory on my own, but had never heard of the Please Touch Museum and it looks awesome!

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• Options
    2 of my close friends took their toddlers there around that age last spring and summer and ended up buying the season passes.  they loved it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"