North Carolina Babies

Brasa for Anniversary?

Has anyone been to the one at Brier Creek? We want to go, but don't know if it is worth if for our Anniversary, which is today but we are celebrating tomorrow night. We were going to do dinner and a movie but there is nothing we want to see, and we just blew $250 on a new microwave, so we don't want to spend a ton of money at dinner somewhere.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Brasa for Anniversary?

• I've heard good reviews of the food at Brasa, but haven't been there myself. Curious to read the responses.
  • We've been there several times, and I really like it. If you don't like meat, you won't get your money's worth out of it. I'm not sure if you know the concept, but meat carvers roam around the restaurant giving you tastes of different types of beef, chicken, lamb, and other meats (and super yummy grilled pineapple, my fav!). They carve it at your table. It's all you can eat. There is also an apppetizer bar, which is yummy, but I'd suggest not filling up on that! It is pricey ($35 a person, I think?), but for a special occasion, I think it's fun. It's definitely different than your run of the mill steakhouse, and the atmosphere is really nice.

Enjoy! And Happy Anniversary! :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, we've been to the same type place before before (a place over off of Six Forks) but never to Brasa, I heard the atmosphere was nice. It was a toss up between Brasa and Margaux's, but my friend said Margaux's is really quick, and we were looking to take our time and be leisurely about it. I do like meat, and DH could probably eat everything you listed...I just wondered if it was worth it for the price.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedbertagni:
    Yes, we've been to the same type place before before (a place over off of Six Forks) but never to Brasa, I heard the atmosphere was nice. It was a toss up between Brasa and Margaux's, but my friend said Margaux's is really quick, and we were looking to take our time and be leisurely about it. I do like meat, and DH could probably eat everything you listed...I just wondered if it was worth it for the price.

I think so.. The atmosphere is really nice, IMO. You definitely get a ton of food for the price (well, as much as you want!), and it's just a fun, different kind of experience. I've never been to Margaux's so I can't compare, but we'll definitely go to Brasa again for a special occasion. Though it's the kind of place that I'd probably just want to go once or twice a year. :-)

ETA: and you can definitely take your time there. It takes a bit of time for all the different types of meat to circulate. I have never felt rushed. I'd try to make reservations if you can.

I hope your DH will have as much fun calling it the "meat sword place" as my super mature 37 year old DH does. hehe.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I've been to both. Marguax was great but for the money, Brasa is better.  Have a great night and Happy Anniversary.
  • My company holiday luncheon was at Brasa a few years ago.  I did not care for it.  I think there are a lot more places (locally owned) in the area that would be good for your anniversary and reasonably priced.
  • My best friend had her wedding rehersal dinner there and we really enjoyed it! GREAT food! Wonderful atmosphere! I can't tell you about the price, other than that I'm sure its pricy enough to be a "special occasion" place. It was all paid for when we went for the dinner.

HIGHLY recommend it!

• We went there for our anniversary 3 years ago and really enjoyed it.  I would definitely recommend it for an anniversary dinner.  Enjoy, and happy anniversary! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"