Stay at Home Moms
Options

Cleaning a dishwasher?

So we're renting right now and my landlord said that our dishwasher is about 3 years old. It's really nice and I love it! But I have been having one problem lately, it seems that all of our dishes have this residue on them... particularly anything glass. I googled it and tried running it through a cycle with bleach then another with vinegar and it didn't help at all. I use Jet Dry as well. Any suggestions? Do I really have to get on my hands and knees and clean it?
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cleaning a dishwasher?

• Options
    BFab11BFab11 member

I was using Cascade detergent and Jet Dry and had the spots and stuff, then I bought Cascade Complete with bleach action or something, and there is a HUGE difference; my dishes are so much cleaner!! I was especially surprised because it's the same brand of soap.

Here is what it looks like.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Give it a deep clean.  In an empty dishwasher pour a 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the bottom and put it on the hottest wash cycle available.  I do it every other month...makes a big difference.  GL
    ::TTC #2 since April 2010:: Diagnosed: PCOS ~ March 2011, Diagnosed: Mild CAH ~ May 2011, Myomectomy ~ June 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

checkout Dishwasher Magic or JetDry (maybe called Finish now) Dishwasher Cleaner - they both come in a white container and are right next to the rinse agents on the store shelf.

they work great

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I clean ours each month with lime away. Of course when it's empty and has nothing in it and use the hottest setting. Also ventilate the room open windows and doors!
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"