North Dakota Babies
Options

update on the move

Well, yesterday ended up being very productive, albeit expensive.

I decided to just book a steaming service to appease my landlord because I didn't want to fight about it. So, that cost more than I was hoping but it's done, they came yesterday at 3:30. My dad then came and took the couch so those two major tasks were accomplished and I can relax.

The last step will be the cleaning ladies who are coming on Saturday to deep clean the kitchen, bathroom and appliances. The bonus is that they don't have to do anything with the carpet now!

Can't wait to hand over our keys and get the deposit back!!! 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010

Re: update on the move

• Options

Woohoo, now you can relax!!  You sure have a stingy landlord...both landlords from the apartments I rented in the city never gave me any problems with getting the full deposit back.  I never did a deep clean, not even the stove or refrigerator. 

At the last place I rented my cat and chewed up some of the blinds and when I dropped off my keys on moving day I told them what had happened and was expecting to pay for that.  They told me since I lived in that place longer then 12 months (I was there 18 months) it was no problem and I wouldn't have to pay for it.  Sweet.

• Options
    Yay that is great that you are almost done with the old place! I always found it frustrating that I had to mess with the old place when I really wanted to get the new one set up and decorated. I agree that your landlord is stingy, I have never had to steam clean my carpets. My last place I spent 12 hours cleaning and painting after we moved out, it probably would have really been worthwhile to pay someone. Good call!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am glad that you payed someone else to do it rather than stressing yourself out. We went through that when leaving WA and they even did the white glove test on blinds in the refrigerator, etc.  You are almost free of the old place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"