South Florida Babies

Father's Day

Father's Day is coming up and I'd like to do/buy something for DH.  We'll probably spend the day with our parents, too, so a gift would probably be the best option. 

What did you ladies do for the daddy-to-be's first Father's Day?

Re: Father's Day

• I think I just got him a card. At that point we didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl so I just wrote him something sweet and signed it from "The Baby."

Now this year, when it's his first REAL father's day, I have nooooooo clue what I'm going to get him!!! Tongue Tied

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I was pregnant I bought the baby a newborn sized Panthers jersey to give to DH which he loved!

then last year I did the "DAD" frame for him (https://ourlifewithjake.blogspot.com/2009/06/happy-fathers-day.html)

this year Jake is giving him a gift card for a nice meal out and then I'm taking Jake to Walgreens to the candy and Father's Day aisle to pick out what he wants to get for Daddy. Irwin has done this for me and its so cute seeing what Jake actually walked around the store and grabbed because some of it is quite funny but its sweet knowing he picked these things himself!a
  • Loading the player...
  • I was only like 6 or 7 weeks pregnant with alexis for father's day and I think I got him a card also. 

You could buy him a cute picture frame that says something dad-related "world's greatest dad" and give it to him and tell him that you'll put the baby's first picture there when she's born. 

image image

• I'd like to find a cute newborn outfit from our alma mater, but I haven't found anything I like. We'll see! I'll probably just end up giving him a card.
  • TayLynnTayLynn member

I just got him a card for that first father's day too.

But you could start the D-A-D photo project. 

You buy a D and A wooden letters.  Take 2 pictures of you holding the D letter in different poses.  Then take a pic of you holding the A.  I would of course highlight the belly in the pics! 

You then put the pics in a three picture frame spelling out DAD.  Some like getting a frame to put on Dad's desk.

Next year you do the same thing but now the baby is in the picture, holding the letters or chewing on them or whatever.  It's very cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dh actually requested an iPad for Father's Day, which I think is total crock!  Hello, I carry the children, and all I got was a pair of jeans and you get a $500 gift that we don't need!  LOL

Anyway, I'll prob get a card.  We may know the genders by then, so cute "I love Daddy" outfits in the appropriate colors?  Or maybe some cute UM or Dolphin baby gear (hopefully in correct size for when season begins in 2011) ?

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think I'm getting DH a copy of Dr. Dobson's new book "Bringing up Girls."  I've been eyeing it for a while and he actually mentioned that it sounded like a good read (without any prodding from me, lol)... Nothing too big, but I want to at least do something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageReiszsPieces:
    I think I'm getting DH a copy of Dr. Dobson's new book "Bringing up Girls."  I've been eyeing it for a while and he actually mentioned that it sounded like a good read (without any prodding from me, lol)... Nothing too big, but I want to at least do something.

Something like this....for a coworker/father to be's baby shower I gave him a beautiful story book - Daddy Loves his Daughter...something he can read to his little one when she's born.  It was a huge hit!

• imagemelly&jimmy:

imageReiszsPieces:
    I think I'm getting DH a copy of Dr. Dobson's new book "Bringing up Girls."  I've been eyeing it for a while and he actually mentioned that it sounded like a good read (without any prodding from me, lol)... Nothing too big, but I want to at least do something.

Something like this....for a coworker/father to be's baby shower I gave him a beautiful story book - Daddy Loves his Daughter...something he can read to his little one when she's born.  It was a huge hit!

Love these ideas!

• DH read Bill Cosby's "Fatherhood" and loved it. If you like Bill Cosby and his type of humor, you will love this book.
  • My husband loves beer and actually enjoys scented soaps/colognes (yay!) so I got him some beer soap from the Beer Soap Company! Just a small gift, as he got an iPad for his birthday. :) While I was at it I got some soap for myself too. LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"