North Carolina Babies

NBR - Would you throw away this stuff?

I have been working on decluttering our house so we can get it listed.  I keep coming across things that I can decide if I should keep or throw away...

I have a ton of cards from our wedding?  Keep?  Toss?  Or just keep a few and toss the rest?

I have a card box that MIL made to collect cards from our wedding.  Keep?  Donate?  Toss?

I have some fabric that I bought or took from my mom's stash back in college.  I haven't sewed in years.  Keep?  Donate?  Toss?

I really don't mind throwing things away.  I think my fear is that DH is going to find out that I threw away the card he gave me on our 2nd anniversary, and then his feelings will be hurt.  I just don't think I need to save every card that has ever been given to me.

Re: NBR - Would you throw away this stuff?

• I have a ton of cards from our wedding?  Keep?  Toss?  Or just keep a few and toss the rest? Keep some but toss most. 

I have a card box that MIL made to collect cards from our wedding.  Keep?  Donate?  Toss? Can you incorporate in your house, if not donate.

I have some fabric that I bought or took from my mom's stash back in college.  I haven't sewed in years.  Keep?  Donate?  Toss? donate

I love a card but I don't keep very many...maybe the first anniversary one, the first mother's day ones.  My DH hates cards so if I were to toss them he could care less.  GL de-cluttering. 

• Cards: I only keep those that someone wrote a special note in. If they just signed their name to Hallmark's words, I toss it.

Card box: Toss. You'll never use it again and I doubt anyone would by it at Goodwill.

Fabric: Toss. No use keeping anything you haven't used in a year.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My H is very sentimental--and expects us to keep any cards we get.  I toss cards from everyone after about a month--except DH.

I save his cards for about a year, then I SNEAK and toss them. I have a few cards from him that I don't throw away--the first card he ever gave me, the card he gave me when C was born, and the card he gave me whe we got married. We save all the cards from Christian--they go in an accordian file.

I still have all my wedding cards--but that is because they are in the card box from my wedding, which is in another random box *somewhere* in the garage.  If I knew  where it was, I'd toss those too!!

• I have a ton of cards from our wedding?  Keep?  Toss?  Or just keep a few and toss the rest? Keep those with nice sentimental handwritten notes...others I tossed

I have a card box that MIL made to collect cards from our wedding.  Keep?  Donate?  Toss?  Post it on Craigslist

I have some fabric that I bought or took from my mom's stash back in college.  I haven't sewed in years.  Keep?  Donate?  Toss?  I would try to donate - although not sure if they will take it. 

As far as other cards, I keep all my anniversary cards (my DH writes some nice personal notes in them) as well as my mothers day cards. 

Have fun de-cluttering! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Throughout the years, I have tossed out most of the cards we have gotten.  As for the other things, maybe try wake free cycle instead of donating. Not sure how much more decluttering you have to do, but I got rid of some really random things that way.

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/WakeFreecycle/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I'd toss the box and the fabric if I knew I wouldn't use them.

I made Christmas ornaments out of our wedding cards. I didn't want to throw them out, but I also knew that we'd shove them in a closet somewhere and never look at them again. So making them into ornaments was a nice way to repurpose them and we still see them once a year. This is what I did

• FABRIC : donate to me -- my church has a quilting ministry - we make quilts for those in need. We give them to babies, adults, seniors.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Maybe post on the Knot to see if anyone wants your card box? Otherwise, I'd probably toss it.

I usually keep most cards from DH, and all "from" Holly, and any other special ones. Right now, i keep most cards, because Holly loves them. I keep them in a drawer in the nighstand in her room, and she'll open it, take them all, look at them, then put them away (when prompted. hehe) I definitely did not keep all of my wedding cards.

The fabric, I'd see if you could donate it somewhere it would be used, like to unc00ref. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Cards - I kept the one where people had actually written meaningful things, and tossed all the ones where people had just signed their names.

Card box - we have one also that MIL handpainted for us.  I kept it, and filled it with knickknacks from the wedding, and have it displayed upstairs.  It's too sentimental to throw away.

Fabric - that I'd probably toss!

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I throw away all the cards I get, for the most part. BUT, I do have all the wedding cards we got and since you have a card box for them, I'd say keep them. It might be fun to look through some day in many years when you don't remember every single person that was at your wedding, etc.

And I'd donate the fabric. I know the church we've been going to was asking for fabric remnants bc they have a ministry that's making dolls for the needy. (www.holymichael.org if you're interested) I think you could find a charity who'd take it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"