Adoption

India adoption agencies

We're still in the info gathering stage (man, is there a lot of info out there!) but I stumbled across this website that lists contact info for a bunch of places who do India adoptions:

https://www.rkas.org/241_us.htm

Has anyone here dealt with any of these places before, or heard good or bad from others about them?  Trying to figure out what ones to actually contact from such a long list.

Also, a bit of a re-intro for those who don't know me.  I'm 31 & DH is 30.  I'm American & he's from India but has a green card.  We've been married for 2 years & TTC for about that long too.  I have PCOS & IR.  Even before my IF dx I knew I wanted to adopt.  DH, however, was not as open as I was but he's since come around.  We're still hoping for a bio child but also want to add to our family via adoption.  We're specifically interested in India as DH is from there.  We're open to either gender & under age 5, with any minor & correctable medical issues or disabilities.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: India adoption agencies

• I have no advice on the agenices, but I know you well frm the IF board!  I'm excited for you that you are pursuing adoption.  We have decided to do the same.  Please keep us updated on your journey!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • I don't know if any of the regulars here are adopting from India, as I think at least one of the parents has to be Indian in order to do so.  I do highly recommend asking about the agencies on the yahoo group "Adoption Agency Research."  That group is larger, and is dedicated to giving honest feedback on agencies.  You can ask about the agencies you are interested in directly, and also search their archives and files.

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Besides the group CS mentioned above, there might be a yahoo group for adopting from India. I belong to one for Pakistan adoption (my dh is Pakistani) from when I briefly looked in to adoption form that country. 
  • Ditto the Yahoo Group mentioned above!

We are using WACAP with our adoption from Ethiopia and we have been more than impressed with everything about them! I don't know anything about their India program, but we have loved them as an agency. If we ever adopt again, we would use them again in a heartbeat. If you have any questions on them as an agency - not on the India program - feel free to PM me!

• https://www.whfc.org/PDFDocdownloads/Intake/AdoptionServicesAndPrograms.pdf

I don't know anything about them, sorry but thought I would throw it out there since I just looked at all their programs. I would still highly recommend checking them out before doing anything.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"