South Florida Babies

s/o elevator vs stairs yesterday...

I actually fell in the stairwell.  There were no security guards around to get the elevator for me so I took the stairs.  I thought it would be no big deal since I do it all the time, but this time I was carrying a bunch of folders and my purse.  I wasn't holding on to the rail and the heel of my shoe got caught in my pants.  I feel on my knee then on my behind in an awkward sitting position.  I was okay, but my hamstring hurts from the way I fell.  I'm definitely talking to my principal today about a key to the elevator.  I can't risk getting any bigger and clumsier!

Re: s/o elevator vs stairs yesterday...

• OMG how scary!  Glad you are okay.  Hope boss gives you the key.

FYI - Just a recommendation, maybe heels should be retired until baby comes?  I usually wear tall pumps (LOVE THEM), but RE nurse told me I should wear flats to avoid any clumsy incidents.  For the most part, I wear flats, or wedges, which offer more support.  And if my pants are too long, I'll pull out the pumps, but maybe once a wk.

Take it easy!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ooh, I'm glad you're OK!
  • Loading the player...
  • EliStarEliStar member

omg! Thank God you're ok! 

I agree with Jackie - maybe heels might not help the pregnancy clumsiness. I know how much you love them, but you have to be careful!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know, I'm so stubborn!  I figured I'd stick it out with my heels for the next couple of weeks and then get a few new pair of shoes when school starts again in August.  I'll have to get some wedges b/c I can't do flats all day.  They make my heels and ankles hurt.  But, I still want that key.  Knowing me, I'd still manage to fall in flats. 
  • I still wear my heels on occasion, and I always take the stairs at work.  I just try to go really slowly if I can't hold the hand rail, or I make two trips so my hands aren't so full.  Glad to hear you're ok, I hope your hamstring feels better soon!

(I'd bet your pricipal will understand and be willing to get you a key... or maybe give you a phone number to call so the security guard can get the elevator for you)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Aww clumsy stage of pregnancy!!! Mine hit at 5 mos during mothers day.  I was getting dressed and I think I had a semi-faint spell and fell on the floor w/heels on.  I put them in the closet and didn't wear them everyday. I'm like you, flats hurt!!  But I learned to have a love/hate relationship. 

Glad to hear you're ok!!! And def get the elev key. 

• EliStarEliStar member
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:
    I know, I'm so stubborn!  I figured I'd stick it out with my heels for the next couple of weeks and then get a few new pair of shoes when school starts again in August.  I'll have to get some wedges b/c I can't do flats all day.  They make my heels and ankles hurt.  But, I still want that key.  Knowing me, I'd still manage to fall in flats. 

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • EliStarEliStar member

imageMrsJOSEnADRI:
    I know, I'm so stubborn!  I figured I'd stick it out with my heels for the next couple of weeks and then get a few new pair of shoes when school starts again in August.  I'll have to get some wedges b/c I can't do flats all day.  They make my heels and ankles hurt.  But, I still want that key.  Knowing me, I'd still manage to fall in flats. 

Go to naturalizer and get some flats with cushions on the side! Those are the only kind that don't make me feet hurt. Either way, I hope they give you that key.

imageimage

• ugh that sucks!!  that happened to my mom, the exact same thing, when she was teaching.  she screwed up her knee so badly because of that- she forced her principal to give her a key to the elevator after that!

• Oh gosh I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself too bad. No more going up or downstairs with your hands full.

Like the girls said try to stick to flats or maybe a tiny kitten heel.

• be careful friend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"