Natural Birth

went to birth circle last night

the ladies did a bead ceremony for me and 2 other women.  it was really cool!

also, one lady there had recently given birth to an 11.5lb baby at home.  it was no big deal, because her biggest baby was 12lbs 8oz.  omg that's more than twice what my son was!

Re: went to birth circle last night

• That's awesome.  I really love Birth Circle.

(and that's a whole lotta baby!)

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • image*speedracer*:

the ladies did a bead ceremony for me and 2 other women.  it was really cool!

also, one lady there had recently given birth to an 11.5lb baby at home.  it was no big deal, because her biggest baby was 12lbs 8oz.  omg that's more than twice what my son was!

That is a lot of baby!!  And I wonder how many times she would have been told the baby "wouldn't fit" if she went with an OB...?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • What's a birth circle? And the bead ceremony?
  • Birth Circle is usually a gathering of women in all stages of pregnancy and those who have given birth.  Ours is held at various locations.  We all bring snacks to share and everyone shares their stories and questions about birth.

It's actually very emotional at times and very cathartic.  I had a lot of issues surrounding my birth with DD and it helped me to talk about it at Birth Circle and get past those issues.

I found mine through my doula and our local chapter of Birth Matters.

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • imageCoastieWife08:

Birth Circle is usually a gathering of women in all stages of pregnancy and those who have given birth.  Ours is held at various locations.  We all bring snacks to share and everyone shares their stories and questions about birth.

It's actually very emotional at times and very cathartic.  I had a lot of issues surrounding my birth with DD and it helped me to talk about it at Birth Circle and get past those issues.

I found mine through my doula and our local chapter of Birth Matters.

That's so cool! I want to go now. I'm off to google it to see if I can find one in my area. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"