D.C. Area Babies

Upton Hill Water Park

Is this park good for a toddler?  I was thinking of taking DD there this weekend.  It looks like it would be a lot of fun.  I think DD would like the splash pad and the walk in baby pool.  The only thing I don't like is the hours.  It opens at 11.  Our neighborhood pool is like that too.  Clearly people who decide on hours never had to manage a 1-3pm nap schedule.

Re: Upton Hill Water Park

• So funny that you post this. I JUST emailed DH today with a link to this park saying it looks like it would be good for toddlers! I haven't been there yet, so I can't give you a first-hand review, but I'm planning to try it out. It looks like the most inexpensive of the local parks too ($6.50 per adult).

I'll be curious to see what others say.

Photobucket
  • Ditto on this.  We are planning to check it out this weekend since the weather is going to be warm. It sounds like fun since there is also mini golf and batting cages. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like a party.  I think we'll be going on Sunday morning after church.  Perhaps we'll see some of you there.
  • that's right up the street from my house! we haven't been yet, but my neighbors say that it's great for little ones.

and I agree with you, those hours are terrible! 

• I was looking on the site, and see there is a season pass to "all five NVRPA water parks" but how do I know which ones have a water park - just hit every link and look at the pictures?  Or does someone here know...?
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • imageArtslvr:
    I was looking on the site, and see there is a season pass to "all five NVRPA water parks" but how do I know which ones have a water park - just hit every link and look at the pictures?  Or does someone here know...?

Here's a link to all the waterparks in the area. It might help you narrow it down: https://www.our-kids.com/public/t/?l=1&f=1&s=101&t=208

Photobucket
  • It's Bull Run in Centreville, Great Waves in Alexandria, Pirates Cove in Lorton, Upton Hill in Arlington, and Volcano Island in Great Falls (Algonkian).
  • My kids have been there and really like it.  Just a word of warning.  It can get very crowded on the weekends especially a holiday weekend.  It's a great place to go but it can be a little overwhelming when it gets really crowded. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"