Alabama Babies

Date Night or The Back Up Plan?

Trying to plan mine and Jim's date night tomorrow.  Can't decide which of these 2 movies to see.   Anyone see either of them?  Which would you recommend?

Also, if you are in the Hsv area, I'm trying to decide between D&L Bistro, Cotton Row,  and Angus for dinner.  We've been to the first two, but not Angus.  Anyone been yet?  Which would you pick?  Or, do you have another rec?

Re: Date Night or The Back Up Plan?

• I saw Date Night with my husband, my BFF and her DH. It's really funny and cute. Steve Carell and Tina Fey were hilarious!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Steve Carrell and Tina Fey both annoy me so I'd go w/ the Back Up plan.

I LOVE D&L Bistro.  I've never been dissappointed.  Never heard of Angus - where is that?

• Loading the player...
  • kc0721kc0721 member
    I saw Date Night and thought it was ok.  I think it's one of those movies that you have to watch again and it gets better the more times you watch it.  However, the Backup plan looks hilarious!!
  • I loathe Jennifer Lopez and it bothers me that they use that dog with wheels as a big joke.

So it would be Date Night for me.

You can't convince him to go see Sex and the City 2?Stick out tongue

• DH & I went to see The Back Up Plan several weeks ago & we both thought it was really cute. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i was actually at d&l bistro last weekend, and i was unfortunately really disappointed. my dish wasn't that great, we waited for a long time for our food, and they *almost* forgot my friend's appetizers. i haven't been to cotton row, but i hear such great things about it. though i know it's a bit pricier than d&l. i've never been to angus.
  • I've only seen the Backup Plan, but I almost peed my pants watching it. Still haven't been able to get hubby to watch it though..
  • imagesdkrlm:

Steve Carrell and Tina Fey both annoy me so I'd go w/ the Back Up plan.

I LOVE D&L Bistro.  I've never been dissappointed.  Never heard of Angus - where is that?

Angus is on Bailey Cove way down South where The Corner used to be.  It's an upscale Steak House.  I checked out the menu online and it looked good, but the menu seemed kinda limited and was very expensive.  I'd say, more expensive than Cotton Row even.

• imageSoon2BMrsWiley:

I loathe Jennifer Lopez and it bothers me that they use that dog with wheels as a big joke.

So it would be Date Night for me.

You can't convince him to go see Sex and the City 2?Stick out tongue

I wish!  LOL!  Actually, a goup of my girlfriends and I are going to see it for my b-day.  So, that would be more fun anyway since he's not into it!

• imagetippykins:
    i was actually at d&l bistro last weekend, and i was unfortunately really disappointed. my dish wasn't that great, we waited for a long time for our food, and they *almost* forgot my friend's appetizers. i haven't been to cotton row, but i hear such great things about it. though i know it's a bit pricier than d&l. i've never been to angus.

Oh no!  That's too bad!  We have always had great experiences there.  Our food is always delicious and the service is good.  We love to sit outside on the patio with the greenery and lights.  I hope you try it again sometime.  Maybe they were having an off night or something. 
    Yes, Cotton Row is GREAT!   We have only been once, but were very impressed!  The food was incredible and the service was great.  It's definitely pricy though. 

• Okay, so I think we've made our decision.  Jim chose Date Night over the Back Up Plan.  I still want to see that some other time though...looks hilarious!  And, we decided on D&L Bistro just b/c we love that place and it's not too far from the theater we're going to.  Now, if I could only get through to make a reservation...the line has been busy for an hour!

Thanks for the input everyone!

• Personally I would pick Date Night over The Back Up Plan b/c I have no interest in seeing that movie.  Jennifer Lopez used fertility treatments to conceive her twins, denies it completely and states how "she would never mess with things like that"... and then does a movie about a woman who uses fertility treatments?!

In interviews about the movie, she has vehemently denied doing treatments although she was seen at a clinic and Marc Anthony has confirmed it.  If you want to be vague about it, fine... just because you're a celebrity you shouldn't have to come out of the IF closet if you don't want to... but I don't think she should have knocked it/us like she did. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSunshine05:

Personally I would pick Date Night over The Back Up Plan b/c I have no interest in seeing that movie.  Jennifer Lopez used fertility treatments to conceive her twins, denies it completely and states how "she would never mess with things like that"... and then does a movie about a woman who uses fertility treatments?!

In interviews about the movie, she has vehemently denied doing treatments although she was seen at a clinic and Marc Anthony has confirmed it.  If you want to be vague about it, fine... just because you're a celebrity you shouldn't have to come out of the IF closet if you don't want to... but I don't think she should have knocked it/us like she did. 

Hmm...interseting.  I didn't know any of that.  I haven't been through infertility, so maybe I'm just ignorant to it, but why would anyone deny it?  I don't see any reason to be ashamed of it.  At least, I don't think I would be.  That's odd.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"