Birth Stories

Waylon Taccoa.

This was a easy but also hard delivery, but I wouldn't take it back for anything in the world.

So, I had set up to be induced by 40 weeks, I didn't want to go to the 41 weeks I was going to be allowed to do because I was told Waylon was a little on the bigger side, and I was terrified of tearing.

So, Wednesday May 19th, my due date, I went in at 6pm to start the process of being induced. I'm terrified of needles, so in order to get a IV they had to give me numbing cream, I didn't know at my hospital that nurses weren't allowed to administer the numbing cream, but with override from my doctor they got me numbing cream. It took until 10pm to get my IV, there was a emergency C-section, and low staff.

So after I got my IV, I got blood drawn, then the nurse started me on a saline drip and the antibiotics for Group B Strep since I tested positive, so I just chilled in the room eating a bomb pop and jello.

Then at 11pm the nurse started me on some Cervidil, which sucked because you can't get up to pee for 2 hours, and I'm a active pee-er. After the 2 hours I took advantage of going to the bathroom then got ready for bed.

At 5am the nurse came in and took out my Cervidil, by then I had already started contracting on my own. Then soon after I would say around 7 or 8am my doctor came in and broke my water, which is super gross by the way, and then I got some medicine to take the edge off my pain. Soon after I got that medicine the nurse started Pitocin, and it all went so fast from there, before I knew it I was contracting like crazy.

All I remember after that started was I was fine one minute, and the Pitocin caught up with me the next, I had a goal that I wanted to make it to 6 or 7cm before I got a Epidural. So soon after the contractions sped up, not going to lie, I was screaming and wanting the Epidural. They had to check me and low and behold, I was 6.5cm. The Epidural did hurt slightly, but I promise once you are in pain, you will not care.

When I was getting my Epidural, I felt like I had brused butt bones, when she inserted it my butt bones just felt like they were being broken or something, but about 5 minutes after I got it, I was just peachy. The Epidural didn't take all the way to my left side, so when I had a contraction, I could slightly feel it in my left butt cheek, it was very odd, I felt like i had buns of steel on one side.

After I got the Epidural, I was starving because I could finally be calm enough to notice my stomach was begging for food, so I had some jello, which supressed my hunger, and thank God because soon after it was time to push.

I started to push around 12:10pm, for some reason while pushing I kept burping. But what was a weird sensation is, Waylon was pushing his way out by himself. I ended up having to be cut to get Waylon out, but all in all I only had a first degree tear. Waylon was born at 1:07pm, so less than an hour of pushing.

Waylon came out looking so pissed off, but adorable. When I held him, if I would look away to talk to someone, he would pretend to start to cry, then when I would look back he would pull his bottom lip out on me, it was so cute, I loved that he came out super alert and with his eyes open.

Waylon is such a good baby, and I wouldn't take anything back for any price, no matter the pain I was in, it was all worth it.

So stats are:

Waylon Taccoa.

Born May 20th, 2010 at 1:07pm.

7lbs 15oz and 21 inches long.

Re: Waylon Taccoa.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"