Birth Stories
Options

does the epidural hurt?

ok, so i was just watching the real housewives show and someone was getting an epidural and it looked just awful!  this is my first and now i'm freaking out...  is it that bad?

Re: does the epidural hurt?

• Options
    My doc gave me a local anesthetic before placing the epi - I didn't feel a thing.  HTH...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Compared to the pain of contractions? NO. Honestly, it felt like hitting your funny bone, but in your back. No pain, just weird. And you do get a numbing shot beforehand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i had a local first, i tell you the 2 min of slight pain is COMPLETELY worth it! It is nothing compaired to contractions!
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Options
    I had a local first as well, so it was a breeze. The only thing that sucked is that I started having a REALLY bad contraction when they were putting it in and I almost threw up on the nurse who I was leaning on while they were doing it. :) Oops. The joys of childbirth!
  • Options
    I watched that show too!  Honestly, compared to the contractions, I welcomed the epidural.  I don't remember it hurting at all, I think I just felt more relief than anything at that point! 
  • Options
    Nope!! I've had two of them, and they were a breeze. I'd take 10 of them for how good they make you feel afterward!!
  • Options

I really didn't feel a thing. I know everyone is different, but I was in so much pain from the contractions and I was happy to get the epi.

Good luck. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"