TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

WTH is wrong with me???

So I have been fine all this week. I got sad a couple of times but for a moment and then it passed. I guess because I cried so much the last few weeks. Well, my SIL sent me a text asking me if I was going to my other SILs shower in a few weeks and now I get really upset. I guess I have been in denial all week or something. I had already told the SIL the shower is for that I would go and asked off work. Now I don't know if I can do it but I have no excuse not to go since I already told her I asked off. Why does it have to be so hard and unfair.
TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WTH is wrong with me???

• Options
    I'm sorry.  There is nothing wrong with you.  It is really hard and it is unfair.  If your not up to going I hope they understand, and they should.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options

Oh honey.  Please take care of yourself.

I'm absolutely normal that you would feel that way.  If you don't think you're up for going, I hope they understand.

::: hugs girl :::

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    THere's nothing wrong with you. I'd be more tempted to think there was something wrong with you if you *didn't* feel this way.
  • Options

imageColindaP:
    THere's nothing wrong with you. I'd be more tempted to think there was something wrong with you if you *didn't* feel this way.

So true.  If you don't want to go then don't go, really.  It's not worth it.  We can help you think of a million excuses.  Here's a nice vague one that I've used in the past: "I'm sorry, but unfortunately I'm not able to make it to your shower."  The.end.

(((hugs)))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There is NOTHING wrong with you. 

And if you don't think you can go, don't! I would hope you SIL is an understanding person and if you just call her and tell her that it would just be too painful for you to attend and send a nice gift.

Doing what is right for you is way more important than a fertile's party.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options
    This is going to sound horrible, but I was in that position where I had to go to a shower a few weeks after my last m/c.  I took a Percocet beforehand and did fine.  Could you do something like that?  I'm so sorry!  It is an awful thing to have to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Scout05Scout05 member

There is nothing wrong with you, love. It is so hard, and SO unfair. I can't go to showers, personally. I just can't. I can't even send a gift, because looking at registries makes my heart hurt.

I think it's okay to admit this is too much, and protect yourself by not going. Anyone who would hold that against you is in the wrong.

::Hugs::

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  Life isn't fair.  ((HUGS))
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry hon. You're right, it isn't fair. Skip the shower if you need to, you have to take care of yourself. Your SIL should understand, and if she doesn't, she will get over it.

((hugs))

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'll just repeat what the others said...totally normal to have feelings like that. I like Peetie's vague excuse as well. And I agree with mdm2137...she should understand and if not, she'll get over it.

Don't let this be yet another source of stress...Lord knows you've had enought to deal with...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"