Preemies
Options

It's been one of those days...

I got the call this morning that DD doesn't qualify for Early Intervention...I know I should be happy because that means she is doing well but I just feel she could benefit from physical therapy and OT since she is behind as they said but not enough to qualify...they said to have her tested again in 3 months if this continues.

Then, we go for her 6 month visit...at 5 months she was 11lb 15oz and this month she was only 12lb 3oz....very little weight gain and she didn't grow in length at all. Doctor was a little concerned but of course I am freaking out.

And on top of it all she is back to being super fussy when eating and taking almost 45 mins to drink 4-6 oz.  She is just not a hungry baby...I can't force feed her lol.

Just needed to vent and I knew you ladies would understand. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's been one of those days...

• Options

Totally.  DS had an appointment with a Neurologist who told me he absolutly needed Physical Therapy.  We have the EI evaluation schedualed for next wednsday but he has been pretty right on (not even very adjusted) with devlopment.  So I am pretty afraid they are going to tell me no.  But I have a perscription from the Neurologist for PT....so either way he is gonna have to get it.  The only differnce will be that I might end up having to take him in for it every week instead of them coming here.  Next thursday he is getting his vision tested because i told the neurologist i didn't recall the NICU saying it was tested.  And then on June 11th he has to go in for a CAT Scan of the brain....poor guy is gonna be so pissed that he wont be allowed to eat in the morning. 

BTW our pediatrician loves when he gains a pound a month.  I dont think its gonna happen this time.  Unless he suddenly hits a growth spurt.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Aw, I wouldn't worry about the weight since she's still gaining. That's not a bad amount at all! At some point they have to start tapering off in the dramatic weight gain or we'd have 30lb 1 year old preemies! Also, around 5 /6 months DD started ignoring her bottle - I think she was paying more attention to the world and was getting overstimulated.

Is there a way for you to get a second opinion about physical therapy? Good luck! I hope you have a better day today!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"