Alabama Babies

What was your LO's first word?

We've been getting lots of da-da's lately but I don't think she uses it in relation to Wes yet...she's just making the sound lol.  I'm working on the ma-ma Wink

Re: What was your LO's first word?

• Sorry, but it was "Ma-ma".  It took her months later to say "Da-da".  DH was sooooo hurt!
  • image12106mrsmun:
    Sorry, but it was "Ma-ma".  It took her months later to say "Da-da".  DH was sooooo hurt!

Same here.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We're the same way - Sarah says "Dadadadadadadadadada" all the time, to which I always respond, "No, it's mamamamamamamamama!"  But like you, I think it's just noise, not particular words.
  • Avery's first (and favorite) word is "Daddy".  She still doesn't call me "mama" - she knows who I am and will repeat if prompted but really, it's all about her daddy.  The dog is 2nd on her list.

(her first communication with sign language was "more" and "all done" - go figure)

• MissLMSMissLMS member

DD first said "Mama" and then followed with "Dada". Last week, her first word besides our names was "Bye bye". Not sure if she meant to say it but it was while DH was leaving and saying bye, and it was VERY clear.

As far as sign, her first communication was "all done" which she uses all the time now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• I tried every day for Aidan to say ma ma and he said Da Da first.
  • Abby's was Da Da. Ma Ma was shortly after and then everything was Ma ma. She has just now started to relate us with mama/dada.

We are working on NO now...she's into everything! ;o)

• Becca was dadadada not really calling him, she will say mamama if she is waking up are really wants something. She has also started to say uh-oh, so cute!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAUHOLLEY06:

Becca was dadadada not really calling him, she will say mamama if she is waking up are really wants something. She has also started to say uh-oh, so cute!!

I love the uh-oh's! So sweet. :o)

• oh - also... in speech developement - the "DADA" sound is easier to make before MAMA for babies.

Additionally, my pedi doesn't count "mama" or "dada" as true "words" until later on in their speech development.  Not sure exactly why.  

Avery did say "dadadadadada" much earlier than she actually said "dada" and really knew what she was saying... 

• imagesdkrlm:

Avery did say "dadadadadada" much earlier than she actually said "dada" and really knew what she was saying... 

This.  You could tell the difference in his babbling "dadadada", and "da" for DH.  He can say Mama, but like pp's have said the "M" is harder for babies.  He started around 7-8 months with both dada and mama.  He now says bye bye, uh-uh (uh-oh), ball, cah (car), and can repeat anything you say.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"