Birth Stories
Options

Team green- turned blue, induction with unplanned c section

Brief history- had DD 2.5 years ago. 8 lb, 4 oz with water breaking but no contractions. On pit for 10 hours and delivered with episiotomy and vacuum. 

New baby- weeks came and went and finally decided on induction at 40w6d. Dr. was on call at hospital which is why I did it that day. Hospital was full for their alloted inductions until after memorial day.

Went in at 11:00am, pit started at noon and water broken at 12:45 pm. Everyone thought this was going to be fast since previous (first) vaginal delivery was fast for a first time.

Hours came and went and nothing happened very quickly. I got to 9 cm and stayed there for almost 4 hours. Nurses and Dr said that the lip of cervix wouldn't go away and baby was posterior- which is probably why i never got past 9. Did some pushing with Dr trying to push cervix out of way but nothing would happen. At 1:30am he said we should go to C-Section. I was terrified and felt a little like a failure- I did this before- why can't I do it now? Regardless- I was exhausted and ready for it to be over.

Within 30 minutes I was in the OR and they had me try pushing again on the operating table but nothing was happening. 2:33 am Dr called time of birth and a 9 lb, 8oz BOY came out!! He was posterior and head was descending in an angle so he has a cone head but off to the side.

All in all- I'm so glad I went in for the induction. Dr says I likely would not of gone into labor which means he would of been even bigger. I'm glad I had the c section since the episiotomy from DD was such a rough recovery.

I'm feeling pretty good as long as I take my pain meds. The thing that hurts the most is my back pain- probably from back labor and laying on my back for so long.  I was walking (though short distances) 12 hours post op. I highly highly recommend doing this. It has made a huge difference. 

GL to everyone! 

www.jojofromtheblog.com Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image

Re: Team green- turned blue, induction with unplanned c section

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"