Houston Babies
Options

Another daycare question

How many bottles do you send a day? I know every kid is different, but I plan on nursing DS at 7am, send bottles for 10am, 1pm, and 4pm, then nurse him again at 7pm and 10 pm. Should I send an extra bottle just in case?

My drive is about 15-30 minutes depending on traffic. Should I put the bottles in a cooler?

I am just getting so overwhelmed with preparing to leave him; especially since I don't really want to.  :-)

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Another daycare question

• Options

I would always send an extra "just in case" in the beginning.  However, since it (BM) has been thawed, it's hard to do that b/c you either have to try rotate them so that if they didn't end up using it, that it could be the first bottle the next day, or you may have to use it that night and pump instead of feed.  (if you are doing fresh, it would be fine b/c you could just keep refrigerated for the 5ish days).  I was always nervous that he would not have enough, but it was rare that they used it.  Ask if they will store some frozen milk "just in case" instead, then that will keep for awhile, and they can thaw it if necessary.

If you are 15-30 min. away, I think I would do a cooler with freezer packs.

• Options
    That was exactly our schedule.  I never had a time that I needed to send more than that.  If they felt he needed more per feeding they would let me know.  I had a fairly short commute but I never put the bottles in a cooler.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When DD was in daycare I always sent a little bit more than was needed. You just never know which day is going to kick off a growth spurt. I didn't BF her, though. Not being able to get much of a freezer stash for DS I know what a precious commodity BM is. I do have a friend who is keeping a can of formula at daycare for her DD just in case. Would you be willing to let them supplement in case of emergency?
  • Options

imagelautrec:
    When DD was in daycare I always sent a little bit more than was needed. You just never know which day is going to kick off a growth spurt. I didn't BF her, though. Not being able to get much of a freezer stash for DS I know what a precious commodity BM is. I do have a friend who is keeping a can of formula at daycare for her DD just in case. Would you be willing to let them supplement in case of emergency?

Yeah, we are starting 1/2 breastmilk 1/2 formula to help with his reflux. I could probably leave some extra formula just in case.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    imageSigmundsGirl:

imagelautrec:

Yeah, we are starting 1/2 breastmilk 1/2 formula to help with his reflux. I could probably leave some extra formula just in case.

Easy enough. Just leave the can at school and they can use it as needed. However, I would express to them that it is back  up and that BM is his primary source of nutrition.

• Options
    I send one just-in-case. It is my contingency bottle for if the car breaks down (my kid won't actually nurse).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"