Natural Birth
Options

Unfavorable Cervix...

Anyone been told their cervix is unfavorable and end up having a vaginal birth??

Ive been 1cm at my last few appts but my cervix is still long, due to the fact that my LO switched to transverse from weeks 36 to 39....

My midwife told me today that my cervix is considered unfavorable and she doesnt even think an induction would work.

Any thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Unfavorable Cervix...

• Options

Hmm

You're only 40 weeks.  A lot can change over the next two weeks.  And while I'm not an OB or MW, everything I've read says that the status of your cevix means nothing.  This is why my MW doesn't even perform internals..I have not idea what is going on in there at the moment.  I say just relax and ask to wait it out as long as your LO is staying healthy in there!

• Options

Hopefully you make some progress, things can always change. But your MW if probably going by your Bishop score.(you can google this) If you dont have at least a certian number of points according to this, then there really is no point in putting your body through an induction because most likely it will be unsuccessfull. Good Luck though!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Unless I go into labor over the weekend, Tuesday(41 weeks), im going for an ultrasound to check fluid levels and her positioning and placenta function...etc.

I cant have a waterbirth at the birth center past 41w 6d, so Im up against the clock, so to speak.

• Options
    flyer23flyer23 member
    Yep, 1cm dilated and "thick but soft" cervix at 41 weeks. Successful induction (Cervidil and Pitocin) at 41 weeks 6 days. You still have a LOT of time... don't stress!

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    I've never heard the term "unfavorable cervix."  Try not to worry about the label too much and focus on what you CAN do.  Have you been using Evening Primrose Oil?  I'm a big believer that it's a good natural cervix softener.  (With DD I took it orally and vaginally.)  Maybe ask your MW about that. 
  • Options

imageErinMSB:
    I've never heard the term "unfavorable cervix."  Try not to worry about the label too much and focus on what you CAN do.  Have you been using Evening Primrose Oil?  I'm a big believer that it's a good natural cervix softener.  (With DD I took it orally and vaginally.)  Maybe ask your MW about that. 

my midwife has me doing a bunch of stuff..

mother to be and red raspberry leaf teas, borage oil, dr christophers birth prep caplets, evening primrose oil, black cohosh tincture, sex, walking, and bouncing on an exercise ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"