South Florida Babies

nursery color scheme/decor

My inspiration for the nursery was this pic I posted a while ago of an etsy wall decal:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/47898999/blooming-cherry-tree-and-butterflies?ref=v1_other_2  (the first pic).

We actually have the perfect wall paint for it since we have tons of leftover paint in "toasted almond" that was used for the living room.  We decided to just use the same paint since it's very neutral and then make it more feminine with the details.  We also knew from the beginning that the furniture would be either espresso or cherry wood.  So, it will look very similar to the inspiration pic above. 

However, before I buy the wall decal from etsy, I was wondering if you'd share your experiences with decals and/or stenciling.  Which do you prefer?  Do the decals last or fall off?  Do you have other websites for decals/stencils that you'd recommend?

Re: nursery color scheme/decor

• I don't have any experience with decals, but I wanted to say that i LOVE the one you posted. It's going to look great with the neutral wall and the dark furniture.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Check with Dawn (Snshine) because I know that she did her own decal for Kate's room and I also think that she designs/sells decals on etsy (sorry- can't find her link).

Love the inspiration and I totally agree with painting a neutral wall color.

• Loading the player...
  • Love your choice. :) I actually have a decal from etsy up in my house and it stuck on perfectly and never has given me issue or even attempted to ever peel off in any way. Personally I would go this route. If you ever change your mind, it is easy to remove. Stenciling if not done perfectly, the paint can bleed under and not turn out as planned. Plus you would always have to paint over again if you mess up. JMHO
  • Such a great idea! I don't have any experience, but it sounds to me like a wall decal would be better than stenciling.
  • Thanks for the recs, ladies.

Allison, I'm going to see if Dawn has something similar.  If not, I'll just go with the tree.  It's a bit pricey, but IDK if those are normal prices for wall decals.

• EliStarEliStar member
    I LOVE that decal!!! I think it will look gorgeous on a neutral colored wall with the dark furniture :)

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No experience, but I just got that bedding in the mail from Bed Bath & Beyond. It's cute (not sure we're keeping it though). Also, I've heard that your walls have to be SUPER dry before you add the decals or they will be a huge pain to remove and probably take lots of paint with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageReiszsPieces:
    No experience, but I just got that bedding in the mail from Bed Bath & Beyond. It's cute (not sure we're keeping it though). Also, I've heard that your walls have to be SUPER dry before you add the decals or they will be a huge pain to remove and probably take lots of paint with them.

Thanks for the tip!

• Beautiful choice...decorating a little girl's room is so much fun!!
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • we have decals in both girls' rooms- i love them!!  Abby's is from Blik and Sarah's is from an Etsy seller.  They're a pain to put up, but totally worth it.  Cut them out of the paper first and then tape them where you want it on the wall so you odn't make a mistake- once they're up, you can't move them around!

check out my fb if you want to see our decals :)

• Love your pick! Great idea on the neutral color!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"