Blended Families

gahhh BM is an idiot

So at the child support hearing about a month ago, they asked DH and BM about health insurance. BM told DH and the court that the kids were dropped from their step-dads health insurance plan and that the kids no longer had insurance. 

So, since health insurance isn't offered through DH or BM the court  instructed DH to apply with NYS.

Since then SD#2 had to miss her first counseling appt. since it was a week after the court date and we didn't want to pay out of pocke. DH also had to reschedule both of their dentist appts.  He tried calling the insurance company to see if they had really been dropped (since we took them to the dr the month before with no problems) but they wouldn't give him the info. 

Since then, DH had to send away to get copies of both girls birth certs. (which he needed anyways.. but still) and go through all this crap to get them insurance.

Well, he gets a phone call today, NYS can't insure them because they already have insurance! So all that jumping through hoops and cancelled appointments for nothing.

Funny thing is, if BM had told the truth about this I'm pretty sure her c/s would have been lower. 

Re: gahhh BM is an idiot

• What a waste of time and energy!

Do you think she was trying to have the girls removed from the insurance?

• I never get why some people just like to make everything extra difficult when it doesn't need to be. Although it is funny that CS prob would have been lower if she showed she was paying for insurance, the dumb ones always shoot themselves in the foot just to 'stick it' to their ex's.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSoon 2 B Mrs. Wells:

What a waste of time and energy!

Do you think she was trying to have the girls removed from the insurance?

I think she was just trying to make DHs life difficult. I know that my company policy for covering step-kids is that they have to live with you. So since she lost custody its possible he won't be able to cover them anymore? I don't know. But thats not what she told DH/the court. She told them they no longer had insurance. At least everything is all setup with NYS so that if/when they get dropped from their current policy they will be covered right away.  

• DH's c/s was slightly lowered since he carried the kids insurance (neither BM worked when the c/s was done so they didn't have it with an employer). It sounds like this lady never knows what is going on. It won't be the first time she shot herself in the foot. We had to get our own copies of the birth cert. too b/c BM#2 said she didn't have time to scan us a copy for the insurance. Really it would take as much time as you telling DH that on the phone.

• imageDREWLILY:
    I never get why some people just like to make everything extra difficult when it doesn't need to be. Although it is funny that CS prob would have been lower if she showed she was paying for insurance, the dumb ones always shoot themselves in the foot just to 'stick it' to their ex's.

This!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"