Blended Families
Options

WDYT? not BF related

Yesterday in the town I live in 2 children 1yr and 2yr olds were kidnapped. The guy who kidnapped these children is in his 30's and watches these children on a regular basis. (this is not normal to me) While watching the children he pack clothes and diapers for them, and he decided to take them. (the parent did call and ask him to bring the children home and he refused)  He was turned in when someone saw him in the next town with the children. The parents are wanting to press charges to the fullest extent.

Would you every leave your LOs with a man that you have known awhile? And is this strange or what?

https://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=12548806

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WDYT? not BF related

• Options

our baby sitter is a 21yr old guy. i dont see how its any different than a female babysitter, as long as he's good with kids.

but yeah, if clothes and diapers went missing that would be a huge red flag.

ETA: he is a full time bartender, owns his own house (at 21... I'm jealous lol), and is a pretty typical 21 yr old guy (parties/girls/etc) but he works for DH, and we both love him and trust him. He's only ever sat with Parker though... he probably won't get Drew til after his next surgery (Mommy is a worrywart).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah any gender could do this. How terrible! BM#2 had a neighbor (35 year old man) watching the girls when they were in K and 1st grade. We had MIL check him out through her work b/c something seemed off. Not many 35 year old men never have a job. Turns out he was on disability for mental illness. He seemed like he would do something like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't let anyone I have known "awhile" watch the kids. We are very thankful to have grandparents who love to be babysitters when one is needed. The only other person is a great friend of mine who watched me when I was little. She has 3 kids of her own and similar ages to SSs. I watch her kids and she watches our kids.

It just seems that there is something else to this story. I have nothing against guys who watch children, but these are very young children. I am a very over protective parent and would choose very carefully for daycare.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thats awful!!

I wouldn't have a problem leaving the kids w/ a man or woman, either one could pull some crazy *** like that.  

• Options

When I was young we had a female babysitter.  I was the outgoing type and my parents realized that I would take all the attention from the babysitter so they hired a teenage/college guy from the neighborhood so my brother could get some attention.  After a little while they realized again I was taking all the attention still and hired 2 guys.  They came home to both guys with barbie dolls asking my parents which was dressed better. Their plan didn't work.

I think either male or female is fine, you just need to make sure the person is trustworthy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"