Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Gifts - Clicky Poll

For all those who have already had their shower, what did you mainly receive? I am trying to convince DH that you get a lot clothes at showers, but maybe I am wrong. Thanks!
[Poll]
imageimageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Shower Gifts - Clicky Poll

• Options
    I got a mix of all of that.  A lot of what I registerd for, but also a lot of clothes. Some I liked, some not so much.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I havne't had mine yet... but when I'm a guest I usually buy something off the registry and some clothes.. because clothes are most fun to buy :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got a lot of the things I registered for (PNP, Highchair, Exersaucer, bottles, swaddles, bath things etc) but I also got a lot of clothes. 

Most people got me something from the registry and a cute outfit or a gift card and a cute outfit. Another person got me the diaper bag I registered for and stuffed with a clothes line filled with about 10 outfits.  

He was all set with clothes from newborn until 3 months where most the outfits people bought were this size. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    pam1005pam1005 member
    I received mostly everything off my registry and most people also added an outfit or items I did not think of (bc I was a first time mom).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got my big items form my mom and MIL (crib, stoller, car seat, high chair).  From everyone else I got a mix: pacifiers, diaper bag, only a few outfits, blankets. Mostly I got body wash, lotion, powder, and butt cream.  Seriously the kid is set for like the first year of life in the bath department.  Sadly we only got two pack of diapers....
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got pretty much everything we needed! I was shocked by the generosity of our friends and family.
  • Options
    I voted other...because I am specifically keeping the gender a secret to avoid clothes. So hopefully, I will not get too many of those, but in general, esp. in the economy, I would expect clothing.
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options
    ctanactana member

imageEastCoastBride:
    I got a mix of all of that.  A lot of what I registerd for, but also a lot of clothes. Some I liked, some not so much.

This...totally a mixed bag.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got clothes and lots of blankets
  • Options

I got mostly smaller stuff...except a high chair.  People in my family do not get pricey gifts for some reason...they just don't.  I can't imagine someone (other than a grandparent) spending more than $50 (and that would be the most) on a shower gift.  Registries were not done when I had my first baby 25+ years ago.

My DD's shower was much the same...although she did get a few larger items.  It was really a mixed bag...registry item and an outfit or gift card and an outfit.  Fortunately, a lot of her clothes were larger sizes (6 months and up)! 

• Options
    spfclrspfclr member

I was traveling by plane to see family and friends for my shower so we did ask that people considered shipping or gift cards.  We did get most of the necessities from our registry (mostly shipped directly to our house), a ton of gift cards that will be very useful to fill in the gaps, a few Visa/AE gift cards, and a ton of onsies.  The clothing (mostly cute onsies) was almost exclusively in 0-3 months.  I did return and exchange a good number of those onsies since based on friends' recommendations and checklists I've seen suggest that I had about 4 times than I would be able to use during the first three months.  Although no one gave us gift receipts I was able to work with Target, BRU, and Kohl's for merchendise credit for either future or immediate use.  It worked out really well.

Again, people were very generous and I think we've covered all we could possibly need during the first six months.

TTC #2 since April 2012

Year 1 - nothing

Year 2 - two m/c

Year 3 - unexplained diagnosis & 4 failed IUIs with Clomid/Letrozole

Year 4 - still unexplained & 3 failed IUIs with Follistim & Ovidral

Year 5 - trying on our own

• Options
    LouRN09LouRN09 member

One of the several reasons we are Team Green was to avoid the overabundance of clothes at my showers. We were truly blessed to recieve practically everything from both of our registries (so it was a mix of everything listed in the poll). We got a few gender neutral outfits, but not alot.

However, I have been to many showers where the sex of the baby is known and there were ALOT of clothes given and not much else practical.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Options
    I've only had my work shower so far - no one asked where we were registered, so nothing was bought off of that.  I am having a coed shower in a month, and no one has bought a thing of the registries yet (we'll see if they're last minute shoppers).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I only got 3 things off of my registry. I got lots of clothes and some diapers and stuff like that.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
  • Options
    The best were the packs of diapers and the tub and bath stuff. I didn't have to buy any of those things except more diapers when we finally ran out.  
  • Options

My shower is months away, but already I'm kind of dreading it.

First of all, I'm a control freak, artist, and lover of planning parties so letting go of the control on this one is going to hurt me. I'll suck it up, of course, but lets be honest -- my poor husband will probably get whined at in private.

Secondly, when we got married last summer, those from his side basically ignored our registry and us in general. I think we got two tiny things that we registered for, a lot of random stuff that I'm still confused how anyone who knows us could have purchased, and odd re-gifts. So I can just imagine the gifts we'll end up with this time around.

Also, I'm kind of nervous that if we have a girl we'll get loaded down with pink, purple and pastel items, which is kind of the opposite of what we want.  His family is well aware of this, but I can guarantee they'll do it in spite of our wishes.

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"