South Florida Babies

Crazy Old Lady vent

So at Gymboree today I'm watching Maia and holding Kaila and this lady who brings her grandaughter walks up to me, grabs Kaila's feet and starts rubbing and turning them outward. At first I thought she was just grabbing her feet the way that old ladies sometimes do cause they like touching babies. But then I saw she was twisting them out. Then she tells me that I should do that so she won't be bow-legged. I told her, no I won't do that, all babies are bow-legged and that I won't do anything unless a doctor tells me to. She goes on about how her grandaughter was bow-legged but she did that and she's fine now. Are you kidding me? If she had really been bow-legged she would have needed medical treatment, probably a brace, not you turning her feet out. How would that change her physical structure? Anyway, just venting cause this woman annoys me in general. She's always saying stuff like that to the parents at Gymboree. The other day she scolded a mother for cutting her son's hair. She can get his hair cut if she wants to! Geez....sorry, lol ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crazy Old Lady vent

• Wow. That's a whole new low! I can't believe someone actually did that
  • Yikes!  Crazy old lady is right!  Good for you for standing up to her.  Nutty people . . .
  • Loading the player...
  • Crazy!! I feel sorry for her kids.... the parent of the child! Some people just can't butt out and keep things to themselves!!
  • With this person, I would NOT just nod and say thank you.  She would get a piece of my mind!  I would also complain to the management at Gymboree. 

• I think old people feel like they are enttiled to give opinions, and they are the experts, b/c they have more exprience than our generation.  DH's grandma does this all the time!  Glad you stood up for yourself.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • EliStarEliStar member
    Ugh. So creepy! I'm glad you put her in her place!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow I would be so offended at someone making a comment like that. People serioulsy do not think before they speak.

I think this old lady can be part of Jackie's tact class. At the rate we are going it seems class is going to be full LOL

• imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

With this person, I would NOT just nod and say thank you.  She would get a piece of my mind!  I would also complain to the management at Gymboree. 

Yup, couldn't keep quiet on this one. All bets are off once you touch my kid. I can only be polite to people giving their opinions, not to those twisting a baby's feet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"