LGBT Parenting
Options

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

Better late than never? Anyone have updates or news to share?

(No QOTD since I'm posting this so late...)

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Options

Update: After several weeks of being in denial about how serious our childcare situation is (spcifically, the lack of childcare), we're back on task looking for a nanny or daycare for our kiddos. So far it looks like they are about the same price, so we're leaning towards a nanny (unless we found a great daycare that just happened to have 2 openings in a month!). Any suggestions about where to look? We've been on care.com and will probably end up paying to post an ad on sittercity.com. Am I missing any of the big childcare sites?

2brides, if you happen to see this, you'd mentioned a daycare in Hyattsville a while back. I can't remember the name and of course I bookmarked their website on my work computer. Can you refresh my memory (either here or via email-- twb2008@gmail.com)? Thanks!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    imagethiswillbe:

Update: After several weeks of being in denial about how serious our childcare situation is (spcifically, the lack of childcare), we're back on task looking for a nanny or daycare for our kiddos. So far it looks like they are about the same price, so we're leaning towards a nanny (unless we found a great daycare that just happened to have 2 openings in a month!). Any suggestions about where to look? We've been on care.com and will probably end up paying to post an ad on sittercity.com. Am I missing any of the big childcare sites?

care and sittercity are the big ones. good luck! we were pleased with a couple we found on care.com before we decided not to go that route.  Also, my mom was a nanny for years and found one of her best families from an add they put up at church - maybe another idea?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

thiswillbe: GL on the childcare situation!  I used to work in daycare and those infant spots at a center are hard to come by in singles...let alone doubles! 

So no real updates here...just bored out of my mind at work waiting on vacation (three more days...)!  Oh the GD is driving me CRAZY today as I want a coookie or something else of that nature. And our LO has suddenly come out of no where as a little wiggler!  I swear she just does not stop! 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Good luck with the childcare search/decision!

Update: Today I have my first session with a new practitioner for acupuncture (mine is on maternity leave).

My thyroid function is better than it's ever been (I have hypo) so I'm on another, still lower, dose. It will be 8 weeks before we retest at which point we'll decide when to start. August would most likely be the first month we'd be able to consider.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2brides2brides member

TWB - you hava mail. :)

I don't know what is up with Carter. His behavior was so bad today that he was sent to the other classroom b/c he was disrupting his peers. Lovely.  Once again, he wasn't allowed to play with toys, play in the bath, or watch tv tonight.  I am not liking this part of parenting.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ella was dedicated on Sunday.  It was a really nice service and I am glad we did it.

Ella has switched to real crawling this past week.  No more army crawling here!  Also she has figured out how to pull to standing.  It is so exciting.  She looks so cute holding onto the cubes in the living room.  Less cute when she stands up in her crib!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had our first internal today and are 2-3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. While I know that is not a good predictor, our doctor does not expect us to make it to our induction at 39 weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image2brides:

I don't know what is up with Carter. His behavior was so bad today that he was sent to the other classroom b/c he was disrupting his peers. Lovely.  Once again, he wasn't allowed to play with toys, play in the bath, or watch tv tonight.  I am not liking this part of parenting.

i'm so sorry :(

Its one thing for them to act up at home, but there's something about bad reports from school thats so much worse. I hope it passes soon.

• Options

This week has been pretty good. He had a tough weekend (any one else have experience with cold medicine turning thier child into a monster??) and i was nervous about how that would translate to starting a new school.  But, the nerves were for nothing b/c he's doing great. Yesterday he was so excited about the afternoon activities that he couldnt take a nap which is definitely not like him :P

I think rosebud's having a harder time with the transition.  She's happy and loves her new teachers, but for some reason she's not eating for them.  She ate 6 1/2 oz and a couple bites of peas in 7 hours yesterday :(  Not cool.  I'm thinking about going to feed her on my lunch break so the baby doesn't starve herself.  At home she's made the transition from the co-sleeper to sleeping in her crib through the night. what a big girl! and she's thrilled with the change b/c now she's got room to roll over and sleep on her belly.

Next week we've got a case management conference for them and I'm hoping to get a better sense for where the case is heading...'cause right now we have absolutley no clue.

• Options
    2brides2brides member
    imagectbride08:
    image2brides:

i'm so sorry :(

Its one thing for them to act up at home, but there's something about bad reports from school thats so much worse. I hope it passes soon.

No kidding. We can deal with his behavior at home (which really isn't that bad - except for a few bad days here or there) but at school it is just infuriating and embarrassing. I think it is worse at school b/c he has an audience and he thinks he is funny and loves to get that reaction - which I am sure he is getting from his peers. At home, we aren't giving him quite the audience he is looking for. Stick out tongue

We are praying he gets his crap together tomorrow when they go to the new school for observation. I am thinking he'll do better since it'll be new people and he won't be comfortable being the class clown in a new environment. Here's hoping

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

good luck on the childcare. i am already so freaked out esp given our job/living situation which isnt looking like it will change :(

no news here aside from yesterdays! just hoping the bean keeps growing.

• Options
    imagessg73:
    Ella has switched to real crawling this past week.  No more army crawling here!  Also she has figured out how to pull to standing. 

Wow, time flies!

imagectbride08:
    Yesterday he was so excited about the afternoon activities that he couldnt take a nap

That is adorable!

Update:
    Yesterday C and I went shopping and out to eat with Henry for the first time (he has been on a couple of quick Target trips before) - I needed nursing bras so we went to a maternity outlet store.  Henry did not like the dressing room, lol, but while he did fuss and cry, it really wasn't all that bad, and once I was done trying things on and could nurse him, he was a happy camper.  I actually ended up nursing him in the ring sling for the first time! It worked out great!  After filling up, he passed out in the sling, allowing us to go to another store. He slept the whole time and stayed asleep getting back into the car, so we decided to try for our first meal out at Panera (nice and quick and easy to leave in case of disaster, LOL).  He slept happily in the sling the whole time.  So we were pretty jazzed about how the whole trip went (I also came home with some much needed nursing bras and shirts to accommodate my bigger bust).

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"