North Carolina Babies

Random WWYD - need advice quickly

Ugh, so I've been pulling weeds in this really weedy area of our yard all week.  I've been tackling it in the morning before work.  This morning, I got a ton done, came in, ate breakfast, took care of some work stuff, and I was just about to hop in the shower.  I did a tick check and found 3 ticks on me.  2 were on my stomach area and one is on my back. 

I can't reach the one on my back.  I've tried.  I called my neighbor and got her voice mail, so I left her a message.  Her husband also works from home, so I'm sure if I go next door he'll be there.  DH and I get along great with these neighbors.

So, what would you do?  Wait all day until DH comes home to remove the tick (shudder)?  Or, go ask the neighbor if he'll help remove it?  Is that too gross and creepy?  I think if he knocked on my door and asked me for help removing a tick, I wouldn't care at all... but I'm also really laid back about things like that.  The thought of sitting here all day knowing there's a tick attached to me really grosses me out.

Re: Random WWYD - need advice quickly

• Could you meet DH somewhere for an early lunch? I would be too creeped out to leave it on me all day too, but I'm too chicken to ask my neighbors, lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it would depend on where it is on my back. Do you have to remove your shirt completely?  If in a place where I would not have to expose myself too much I'd go over...hey if nothing else it will give you guys something to talk about. I don't think I could wait all day.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would just go ask him. It might be a little embarrassing and uncomfortable, but it's preferable to the possibility of disease the tick could pass on to you.
  • imagejenhum:
    Could you meet DH somewhere for an early lunch? I would be too creeped out to leave it on me all day too, but I'm too chicken to ask my neighbors, lol!

I kinda feel this way too, especially if it's a male neighbor, but I also am not sure that your DH can come home for lunch. I would definitely not leave it there. If it comes down to leaving it there, or asking your neighbor, I'd ask him!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• DH is a teacher, as ya'll probably know, and I have no idea what is schedule is...  I would honestly feel weirder going to his school during his planning period than I would feel asking my neighbor.  I wish he had skype, so I could message him.

It's up on my shoulder, so I wouldn't have to reveal anything for him to help me.  I can actually manage to get tweezers on it, but I can't pull it out b/c of where it is.  I guess I'll go ask him...  LOL I'll give ya'll an update soon. 

• I would definitely go ask you neighbor.  I don't think there is anything creepy about asking a neighbor for help, especially if it means hopefully avoiding getting a disease from a tick.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i'd ask for sure!

you'll laugh about it later!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Okay, I went over there & he helped me.  He was definitely a little grossed out by it, but I don't think he minded too much.  He's a dad with 2 kids, and we all know that there are a lot of ticks in the woodsy areas around here, so he deals with it all the time with his kids & their friends.

I'm glad I went over there, b/c the tick was hard to remove.  I imagine it would've been really hard to remove by the time DH gets home.

Maybe DH and I will take some wine or beer over to them this weekend as a thank-you! 

• i'd go ask the neighbor! no doubt!
  • Embarrassment trumps Lyme disease any day! Glad you got it removed.

(Did i say that backwards? I am totally confusing myself now!)

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad he took care of it for you! Some wine or beer sounds like a great thank you gift.
  • My vote is to have the neighbor do it.  Like you, I'm not weird about stuff like that.  But the idea of having a tick on me all day, yikes and yuck!  Good for you for checking yourself out and finding them!
  • Whew! Glad you went over and got it removed. Ick!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• u def. made the right choice....a tick is not something u should leave on...beer or wine sounds like a nice thank u!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"