South Florida Babies
Options

Silly Bandz being...banned? LOLOL.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100527/us_time/08599199179700 Are they really this much of an issue?! Teachers? Parents of older kids? Enlighten me, pls.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Silly Bandz being...banned? LOLOL.

• Options
    reminds me of Slap Bracelets when we were kids. They got banned in schools too... same reasons, distractions from school work cause we were too busy playing with them and arranging trades!
  • Options
    bummer :( my niece just got them!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMelanieJH1016:
    reminds me of Slap Bracelets when we were kids. They got banned in schools too... same reasons, distractions from school work cause we were too busy playing with them and arranging trades!

That is exactly what I thought of! LOL. Although...I had one slap bracelet. My mom would not spend money on it. LOL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That's dumb!  As a teacher, I wouldn't have banned it.  I would've capitalized on it and sold them in our student council school store, lol.  After you girls posted about it, I am now noticing them on all our students.

Kids will distract themselves with anything!  I once had a student injure himself with a pencil during the break between FCAT sessions b/c he was playing with it.  The lead got stuck in his hand.  I sent him to the office and his mom just told him to finish the test, lol.  I

My point is that they'll play with anything and if it's not the bracelets it's their school supplies.  As a teacher, you just have to enforce your classroom rules and make sure that you keep the kids engaged enough to not get distracted by silly things.  As a parent, if it were causing that much of a distraction, I'd tell them they could only wear them at home until they pull their grades up. 

On another note, I thought the slap bracelets were banned b/c of the metal part breaking through the fabric and cutting the skin.  Or, was that an urban legend?

• Options
    EliStarEliStar member
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

That's dumb!  As a teacher, I wouldn't have banned it.  I would've capitalized on it and sold them in our student council school store, lol.  After you girls posted about it, I am now noticing them on all our students.

Kids will distract themselves with anything!  I once had a student injure himself with a pencil during the break between FCAT sessions b/c he was playing with it.  The lead got stuck in his hand.  I sent him to the office and his mom just told him to finish the test, lol.  I

My point is that they'll play with anything and if it's not the bracelets it's their school supplies.  As a teacher, you just have to enforce your classroom rules and make sure that you keep the kids engaged enough to not get distracted by silly things.  As a parent, if it were causing that much of a distraction, I'd tell them they could only wear them at home until they pull their grades up. 

On another note, I thought the slap bracelets were banned b/c of the metal part breaking through the fabric and cutting the skin.  Or, was that an urban legend?

So true. Kids will distract themselves with anything! It's stupid to ban them, they can't possibly be doing that much harm.

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They don't bother me. My students where them, but don't play with them.  As a matter of fact even some teachers in my school wear them too.  I agree that the schools should capitalize on them.  This way we could make good money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"