Postpartum Depression
Options

Is anyone else just angry...

I get so aggravated with my kids.  I love them to death...but I feel very short tempered.  I notice that it gets worse around the time I have PMS.  I hate feeling this way..b/c often times I lay my hands on them aggressively when I get mad. I feel like I can't control myself.  

My husband travels about 3-4 times a week and I am home alone...which makes matters worse!  I have a babysitter that comes two times a week to help out...so I can leave the house and I am seeing a psychiatrist to help with my situation.  I just want to know that I am not alone....I feel like such a bad mom.  I am much better now than I was when my son was younger...I take a deep breath, leave the room, put on relaxing music, yoga...I have come a long way too! =) 

I don't want to go the drug route...but I am thinking with therapy and the drugs I might do that much better.  WDYT? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Is anyone else just angry...

• Options
    Gina418Gina418 member

Have you told your therapist that your anger becomes physical at times? Does your dh know about the physical part? If you feel out of control to the point where you lay your hands on your children out of anger, I think you need to explore other treatment options (including meds).

Can this babysitter come more often? Do you have family/friends in the area that could come help you out when you feel yourself spiraling in anger?  I would also talk to your OB - many women have severe issues (physically and mentally) around the times of their periods -  it can be controlled with medication.

• Options
    I have been very honest with my husband and therapist...I feel if I am not- how will I get better.  I do have lots of family around...I rely on them a lot!  Please don't think that I am a crazy psycho beating my kids all day.  It comes in small bursts and then I calm down then I am okay for the rest of the day.  I just wish I never got to the point in which I get so aggravated. I think I am going to talk to my therapist about exploring meds as an option.  I do have zoloft which I took for a brief time...but it kind of made me worse and I couldn't sleep.  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gina418Gina418 member

I do not think you are a crazy psycho (I hope my post didn't sound like that!). I do think that meds can help you. Maybe talk to your doc about something other than Zoloft since you know how you react to that.

I'm glad you have family around - I glad they are helpful. I know my family was my life line. 

Give your doc a call tomorrow - let him know you're ready to explore new treatment options. And come back here and tell us how you're doing!

• Options

You are not alone! I could have written this post myself! Except my husband was home every night and no babysitter. The therapist I see is a tremendous help.

I did have to go the medication route, I was very afraid of my anger. I am by no means a violent or short fused person in my normal state. During PMS, as soon as my husband came home, I withdrew and he pretty much had to do everything with DS.

Please don't feel like a bad mom. A bad mom would have walked out and never came back. You are better than you know in the fact that you are ASKING for help and assurance!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"