Special Needs
Options

question about what your child eats

My daughter has low muscle tone and is develop delayed...

I have a 23 month old. She has about 4 ounces of milk a day. She has 4 ounces of yogurt almost every day also. She eats cheese sometimes. She eats meat protein 2 x a day (probably 2-3 ounces a day) 1 serving of fruit and veges and whole grain carbs...

Is this what your child eats? My dr said my daughter has low protein. I am just wondering if maybe she doesnt eat enough meat/protein/dairy...

Any thoughts? I am just trying to figure out what a normal 23 month old eats on a daily basis. Thanks.

Re: question about what your child eats

• Options
    I answered ya in the 24+ board, it would be interesting what ppl on this board say.
    imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
  • Options

We did bloodwork and thats how we know she has low protein. 

Due to her low protein, dr wants endoscopy, colonoscopy, barum xray study(off and on xray for 2hrs) she got bloodwork 3x times from jan to may...these are her numbers... 3.2,   3.1   3.4 (normal is btwn 3.5-4.6) dr wants her to have high 3's.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

M is typically developing and is 20 mos old. She drinks no milk, but will drink 6-9 oz of drinkable yogurts a day. 

Sometimes she'll have 1 egg & 1/4 piece of toast for breakfast. Sometimes a 1/2 of a lenders bagel with cream cheese & polaner all fruit.

Lunch & dinner: Grilled cheese, pb&j, slider cheeseburger or 1/2 a bison dog. She'll also sometimes entertain the idea of perdue all white meat chicken nuggets. Of course we offer veggies & the like, but most of the time she snubs her nose at it. 

Snacks: Sliced/peel apples, cereal bars, any & all fruits & veggies she'll eat. She'll also get goldfish, cheerios, a cookie here & there, etc. 

All things that can be dipped (Pork chops, chicken, eggs, gyro meat, fries, etc) must be dipped. I try to vary the sauces she dips in, but ketchup is our goto dip. 

Now those are foods she'll actually take a few bites of. Some days she eats better than other. I am of the opinion that it's better to let her graze through the day if that's how I can get food into her. Her pedi has said that it's very typical toddler behavior to boycott food and as long as she's drinking, I didn't have to worry. 

ETA: We also got the go ahead to give seafood at 15 mos because no one has any allergies. M would live on shrimp & calamari if she could.  

• Options
    I was also just thinking that you could add powders, we use the breakfast stuff from nestle, to the milk or start offering pediasure. 
  • Options

We do breakfast:  Whole grain cereal and milk, yogurt with fruit and granola, eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc are our go to breakfasts.

Mid-morning snack- usually fruit, apples or bananas with pb is a popular one

Lunch- whatever we are eating, soups, sandwiches, mac and cheese, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, etc.

Mid-afternoon snack- usually similar to the morning snack.  We also do things like pretzles, teddy grahms, goldfish here as well or veggies and dip.

Supper-whatever we are eating see lunch :)

Night snack- fruit or veggies and dip

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"