South Florida Babies

Question 1. Meeting a Pedi tomorrow, what questions to ask?....

So this week I'm full of questions so please bear with me lol  

First.....

We made an appointment to see Dr. Ginsburg (he's in the same practice as Dr. Kuhn) tomorrow. I'm assuming they have a list of things they go over with you at these pre-natal appt's but what questions should I be asking?

I have no clue!

I know what their hours are because that's the reason why we made an appointment with them. Any suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

TTC #1 May/June 2008
CP 7.19.08
Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
TTC #2
HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww

Re: Question 1. Meeting a Pedi tomorrow, what questions to ask?....

• what hospital are the affiliated with?  if the baby has a fever or something, who calls back when you call the after hour number- a doctor or a nurse?  are htey opened on the weekends and, if so, is it walk ins only?  do they have a nursery for newborns?  a sick/well waiting room? 

if you decide you're not going to follow the AAP guidlines to immunizations, are they ok with that? 

other than that, i'm pretty sure all drs offices are the same!  those are the only things I asked when I called to make an appt the first time, but I never interviewed beforehand.  All my cousins go to our pedi, and they've been going for over 14 years to her, so I trusted the word of mouth!

• Will he go to the hospital when the baby is born? How soon after the baby is born does he want to see the baby? Are the well-child visits seen in a different area than sick children? Do they do lab work there or would you have to go elsewhere? Does he follow AAP guidelines for visits and vaccinations? Does he have special appointments set aside on a daily basis if you ever need a last minute appointment?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStephE623:
    Will he go to the hospital when the baby is born? How soon after the baby is born does he want to see the baby? Are the well-child visits seen in a different area than sick children? Do they do lab work there or would you have to go elsewhere? Does he follow AAP guidelines for visits and vaccinations? Does he have special appointments set aside on a daily basis if you ever need a last minute appointment?

ooh, yeah, good stuff!

• I really like Dr Ginsburg too!!!!  You'll like the office. 

When i went to go see them, they really answered most of my questions during the office tour and intros.  Other than that, I think  you got some good suggestions from some of the others.  good luck :)

image image

• TayLynnTayLynn member
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"