North Carolina Babies
Options

Walking- stroller & dog?

Any tips?  I'm about to venture out for a walk through the n'hood with the baby (stroller) and dog. 

I've gone up the street once to let the dog out with stroller- wasn't great, wasn't bad.  The dog wanted to walk in circles around us.

Re: Walking- stroller & dog?

• Options

I tried it a few times and it just didn't work for me- but I have two big dogs who are both terrified of the stroller, so they spent the whole walk trying to run away from it Confused.

But if you have any type of walk aid- like a nose or chest harness, I would definitely use it so you have a little more control, at least until the dog is used to walking with the stroller. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always put him in a chest harness.  I guess I hadn't really thought about it *not* working - I would feel so bad!  I used to walk my dog every day!  Poor dog.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd say it depends on your dog.  I walk our dog with Liam in the stroller all the time, and have since he was born.  She is pretty good on the leash though.  We love going on walks the 3 of us. Not sure about tips - I always bring little treats with me in case I need to hold her attention when we pass another dog or anything.

GL - hope you guys enjoy your walk! :)

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pebbles, my dog, walks good on a leash so I have never trouble getting her to walk along side the stroller.  For a long time the problem was not the dog but Nic.  He hated the stroller.  try walking around the neighborhood a few times so that your dog gets used to it.  I have never used treats w/ my dog.  GL
  • Options
    Once the dog figured out he couldn't constantly switch sides, it went surprisingly well!  Much better than I anticipated.  Phew!
  • Options

imagectnj:
    I always put him in a chest harness.  I guess I hadn't really thought about it *not* working - I would feel so bad!  I used to walk my dog every day!  Poor dog.

Yeah it really sucks! They get walks on the weekends, and sometimes I will walk one at a time with the stroller (although they really prefer to be together so I think that stresses them out). Other than that we just play a lot of ball in the backyard to wear them out!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"